1. Who named the structures 'cells'?
- Robert Hooke 1665
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1590
- Adolf Hitler 1923
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do stem cells differentiate into specialized cells?
- Some genes are expressed but not others when they are given a chemical signal
- Messenger RNA carries the code for which type of cell the stem cells will become
- They are transported to the place they will be used and copy cells there
3. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Too tokkie for me!
4. Which of these elements is a function of life?
- Ability to make sounds
5. What are stem cells?
- Cells which go dormant when they are not needed
- Cells that retain the capacity to divide and have the ability to differentiate.
- Cells which make up the stem of green plants