1. Who named the structures 'cells'?
- Robert Hooke 1665
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1590
- Adolf Hitler 1923
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are emergent properties?
- Properties where the whole is more than the sum of parts
- Organisms which rely upon photosynthesis
- Properties where the sum of parts is more than the whole
- Cells can achieve more individually
3. How do stem cells differentiate into specialized cells?
- Some genes are expressed but not others when they are given a chemical signal
- Messenger RNA carries the code for which type of cell the stem cells will become
- They are transported to the place they will be used and copy cells there
4. What are stem cells?
- Cells which go dormant when they are not needed
- Cells that retain the capacity to divide and have the ability to differentiate.
- Cells which make up the stem of green plants
5. Which of these is not an element of cell theory?
- They are all elements of cell theory
- Cells are the second smallest unit of life
- Cells only come from pre-existing cells
- All living organisms are composed of cells, and their products