1. What is a therapeutic use of stem cells?
- Bone marrow transplant
- Kidney transplant
- Heart transplant
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do stem cells differentiate into specialized cells?
- Some genes are expressed but not others when they are given a chemical signal
- Messenger RNA carries the code for which type of cell the stem cells will become
- They are transported to the place they will be used and copy cells there
3. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Too tokkie for me!
4. Which of these is not an element of cell theory?
- Cells are the second smallest unit of life
- All living organisms are composed of cells, and their products
- Cells only come from pre-existing cells
- They are all elements of cell theory
5. What are stem cells?
- Cells which go dormant when they are not needed
- Cells that retain the capacity to divide and have the ability to differentiate.
- Cells which make up the stem of green plants