1. Why does centrifuge solution have to be isotonic?
- Speed up osmosis
- Prevent osmosis
- Denature enzymes
- Minimize cell activity
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the function of the rough ER in an insulin-making cell?
- Release insulin into blood
- Make ATP
- Store/transport insulin to vesicles
- Activate insulin
3. What is a eukaryotic cell?
- A large, complex cell -everything except bacteria
- A small, simple cell, such as bacteria
4. What is the order that organelles in animal cells are found in centrifugation?
- Nucleus, ribosomes, rough ER, smooth ER, mitochondria
- Nucleus, rough ER, smooth ER, mitochondria, ribosomes
- Nucleus, mitochondria, rough ER, smooth ER, ribosomes
- Nucleus, mitochondria, smooth ER, rough ER, ribosomes
5. What is the function of a lysosome?
- Lipid/steroid synthesis
- Transport substances around the cell
- Destroy/break down cells
- Chemical synthesis