1. What is the order that organelles in animal cells are found in centrifugation?
- Nucleus, ribosomes, rough ER, smooth ER, mitochondria
- Nucleus, rough ER, smooth ER, mitochondria, ribosomes
- Nucleus, mitochondria, rough ER, smooth ER, ribosomes
- Nucleus, mitochondria, smooth ER, rough ER, ribosomes
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does centrifuge solution have to be isotonic?
- Speed up osmosis
- Prevent osmosis
- Denature enzymes
- Minimize cell activity
3. What is the golgi body's role in an insulin-making cell?
- Transports insulin to vesicles
- Attaching to insulin genes
- Activating insulin
- Releasing ATP
4. What is homogenisation?
- Mashing and filtering cells to make organelles same consistency
- Mixing of cells
- Combining cells together in a centrifuge
5. What is the function of a lysosome?
- Chemical synthesis
- Lipid/steroid synthesis
- Destroy/break down cells
- Transport substances around the cell