1. Why do root hair cells increase the surface area of the root?
- So it can move more easily
- So that it can absorb water and mineral ions efficiently
- So it can be more exposed to the air
- So it can absorb nutrients and mineral ions efficiently
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What takes place in ribosomes?
- Aerobic respiration
- Anaerobic respiration
- Protein synthesis
3. What does glandular tissue produce?
- Digestive juices
4. Which of these things does only a bacterial cell have?
- Permanent vacuole
5. Which of these cells does not have a cell wall?
- A yeast cell
- A plant cell
- An animal cell
- A bacterial cell