1. What shape are red blood cells?
- Spherical so they can have a bigger nucleus
- Sickle shaped (crescent moon shape) so they are distinct from white blood cells
- Concave to hold more oxygen
- Flat to help them pass smoothly through the capillaries
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which part of the cell holds the cell together and controls passage of substance?
- Cell Membrane
- Cell Wall
3. What function do guard cells have in a leaf?
- Stops leaves getting diseases
- Stores sunlight
- Controls water loss
- Contains the genetic information
4. After being digested by the stomach, where does food go next?
- Duodenum where it mixes with bile to neutralize the highly acidic food
- Large intestine where water is absorbed from undigested food
- Liver where it mixes with bile to neutralize the highly acidic food
- Pancreas where 3 enzymes, carbohydrase, protease and lipase, continue digestion
5. Which tissue (group of cells) contracts and shortens to move?
- Muscular tissue
- Epithelial tissue (Stomach lining)
- Glandular tissue
- Salivary gland