1. After being digested by the stomach, where does food go next?
- Duodenum where it mixes with bile to neutralize the highly acidic food
- Large intestine where water is absorbed from undigested food
- Liver where it mixes with bile to neutralize the highly acidic food
- Pancreas where 3 enzymes, carbohydrase, protease and lipase, continue digestion
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What function do guard cells have in a leaf?
- Contains the genetic information
- Stops leaves getting diseases
- Controls water loss
- Stores sunlight
3. Which tissue (group of cells) contracts and shortens to move?
- Muscular tissue
- Epithelial tissue (Stomach lining)
- Glandular tissue
- Salivary gland
4. What shape are red blood cells?
- Sickle shaped (crescent moon shape) so they are distinct from white blood cells
- Concave to hold more oxygen
- Spherical so they can have a bigger nucleus
- Flat to help them pass smoothly through the capillaries
5. Which word means the type of diffusion where water moves across a semi permeable membrane?
- Active Transport