1. After being digested by the stomach, where does food go next?
- Pancreas where 3 enzymes, carbohydrase, protease and lipase, continue digestion
- Large intestine where water is absorbed from undigested food
- Duodenum where it mixes with bile to neutralize the highly acidic food
- Liver where it mixes with bile to neutralize the highly acidic food
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What shape are red blood cells?
- Concave to hold more oxygen
- Sickle shaped (crescent moon shape) so they are distinct from white blood cells
- Flat to help them pass smoothly through the capillaries
- Spherical so they can have a bigger nucleus
3. Which word means, 'the movement of particles from a high concentration to a low concentration through a semi-permeable membrane?
- Active Transport
4. Which tissue (group of cells) contracts and shortens to move?
- Salivary gland
- Muscular tissue
- Glandular tissue
- Epithelial tissue (Stomach lining)
5. Which part of the cell holds the cell together and controls passage of substance?
- Cell Membrane
- Cell Wall