1. What shape are red blood cells?
- Spherical so they can have a bigger nucleus
- Sickle shaped (crescent moon shape) so they are distinct from white blood cells
- Concave to hold more oxygen
- Flat to help them pass smoothly through the capillaries
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What function do guard cells have in a leaf?
- Contains the genetic information
- Stops leaves getting diseases
- Controls water loss
- Stores sunlight
3. Which tissue (group of cells) contracts and shortens to move?
- Epithelial tissue (Stomach lining)
- Glandular tissue
- Muscular tissue
- Salivary gland
4. What makes bacteria, viruses and red blood cells different to other cells?
- They have no purpose
- They have no nucleus
- They are all in the blood
5. If the concentration of the solution inside the cell is the same as outside the cell, the solution is: