1. Which tissue (group of cells) contracts and shortens to move?
- Muscular tissue
- Glandular tissue
- Salivary gland
- Epithelial tissue (Stomach lining)
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. If the concentration of the solution inside the cell is the same as outside the cell, the solution is:
3. After being digested by the stomach, where does food go next?
- Pancreas where 3 enzymes, carbohydrase, protease and lipase, continue digestion
- Large intestine where water is absorbed from undigested food
- Duodenum where it mixes with bile to neutralize the highly acidic food
- Liver where it mixes with bile to neutralize the highly acidic food
4. Which word means, 'the movement of particles from a high concentration to a low concentration through a semi-permeable membrane?
- Active Transport
5. What makes bacteria, viruses and red blood cells different to other cells?
- They have no nucleus
- They are all in the blood
- They have no purpose