1. What is the role of the cell wall of a plant cell?
- it keeps out pathogen
- it contains cell sap so keeps the plant turgid
- it is tough so helps support the cell and helps it keep its place
- it controls what enters and leaves the cell
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these substances leave through the cell membrane?
- carbon dioxide
3. A fruit is mashed with salty water and detergent. What does this do to the cells of the fruit?
- They are destroyed completely
- They are broken open and nuclei released
- They are separated individually in the mixture in a solid form
4. In a bacterial cell, where are genes located?
- Bacteria do not have genes at all
- On their legs
- There is a single loop of chromosomal DNA carrying most of them and maybe some plasmid DNA carrying genes not found in the chromosomal DNA
- The bacterial cell has nuclei which contain the DNA of the bacteria, thus the genes
5. If I magnified an item with a x5 eyepiece lens and it had 20x magnification, what would the magnification of the objective be?