1. what is the effect of a hypertonic solution on an animal cell?
- net movement of water is out of the cell, causing it to shrink
- net movement of water molecules is into the cell, causing it to burst.
- net movement of water is out of the cell, causing it to become flaccid, and the cytoplasm to pull away from the cell wall, so that it is plasmolysed
- water molecules move into and out of the cell in equal amounts, resulting in no changes to the cell.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Prokaryotes have no nucleus or mitochondria, and they have small ribosomes
3. The phosphate head is hydrophobic (water hating)
4. how many subunits do ribosome's consist of?
5. Define mitosis
- the third stage of nuclear division
- nuclear division that results in the formation of cells that are genetically identical to the parent cell
- nuclear division that results in the formation of cells that are not genetically identical to the parent cell
- a type of cell division that results in four daughter cells each with half the number of chromosomes of the parent cell, as in the production of gametes and plant spores.