1. what is true about eukaryotes?
- DNA is linear and a nucleus is present
- the DNA is circular and free in the cytoplasm
- they have small ribosomes
- they always have a cell wall
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define Active Transport
- the movement of molecules against it's concentration gradient, using energy in the form of ATP, and transport proteins
- the passive movement of molecules across membranes, down their concentration gradient, which is aided by carrier protein molecules.
- the movement of molecules down a concentration gradient, from an area of high concentration, to an area of low concentration.
- the movement of water molecules from a region of higher water potential, to a region of lower water potential, across a partially permeable membrane
3. what is the effect of a hypotonic solution on a plant cell?
- net movement of water is out of the cell, causing it to become flaccid, and the cytoplasm to pull away from the cell wall, so that it is plasmolysed
- net movement of water molecules is into the cell, causing it to burst.
- net movement of water is into the cell, causing the cell to become turgid
- water molecules move into and out of the cell in equal amounts, resulting in no changes to the cell.
4. how many subunits do ribosome's consist of?
5. staining is any process that helps reveal or distinguish different features. in light microscopy, stains may be colours or fluorescent dyes. in electron microscopy, they are metal particles or metal salts.