1. Carrier proteins are pores in the membrane, which are often shaped to only allow one type of ion through
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Prokaryotes are more than 2um in diameter
3. Prokaryotes have circular DNA
4. what happens in Interphase?
- The chromatids uncoil and become chromosomes gain.
- The chromosomes line up along the middle of the cell and become attached to the spindle by their centromere.
- The cells DNA is unravelled and replicated to double its genetic content. the organelles are also replicated.
- The chromosomes condense, getting shorter and fatter, and the centrioles move to opposite ends of the cell.
5. what is the effect of a hypotonic solution on an animal cell?
- water molecules pass into and out of the cell in equal amounts, so the cell stays the same.
- net movement of water is into the cell, causing the cell to become turgid
- net movement of water molecules is into the cell, causing it to burst.
- net movement of water is out of the cell, causing it to shrink