1. Define meiosis
- nuclear division that results in the formation of cells that are genetically identical to the parent cell
- a type of cell division that results in four daughter cells each with half the number of chromosomes of the parent cell, as in the production of gametes and plant spores.
- uclear division that results in the formation of cells that are not genetically identical to the parent cell
- the first stage of nuclear divison
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what happens in Interphase?
- The chromatids uncoil and become chromosomes gain.
- The cells DNA is unravelled and replicated to double its genetic content. the organelles are also replicated.
- The chromosomes condense, getting shorter and fatter, and the centrioles move to opposite ends of the cell.
- The chromosomes line up along the middle of the cell and become attached to the spindle by their centromere.
3. Eukaryotes are about 100-1000um in diameter
- no - they are 10-100um
- no - they are 5-10um
- no - they are 1000-2000
4. where does the fluid mosaic model gets it's name from?
- it is fluid, because the phospholipids are constantly moving, and is like a mosaic, because of the protein and cholesterol molecules scattered throughout the bilayer.
- it is because of the different molecules that make up the model
- due to the name of the person who came up with.
- due to the place where it was discovered
5. define division of labour?
- amount of work an organelle does
- what organelle completes what function
- each type of organelle has a specific role within the cell
- equal amount of work for each organelle