1. the arrangement of bacterial gene sequences are often reffered to as being polycistronic. Which of the following statements best describes the term polycistronic?
- Multiple genes controlled by the same promoter sequence
- A gene which contains introns
- A single gene controlled by a promoter
- A gene which contains introns and exons
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The enzyme Beta-galactosidase generates which of the following products?
- two glucose molecules
- two galactose molecules
- one glucose and one galactose molecule
- two lactose molecules
3. Many of the proteins in the bacterial flagellum show homology with the proteins of which of the following structures?
- Type three secretion system
4. which of the dollowing scientists developed DNA sequencing technology?
- Craig Venter
- Fred Sanger
- James Watson
- Robert Hooke
5. With respect to the genes which encode mitochondrial proteins which of the following statements is true?
- All genes are located in the mitochondrial DNA
- Some genes are located in the mitochondrial DNA and some in the nuclear DNA
- All the genes are located in the nuclear DNA
- Mitochondrial proteins are not encoded by genes