1. The E.coli gene lacY encodes for which of the following proteins?
- Beta-glactoside permease
- Thiogalactoside transacetylase
- Beta haemoglobin
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. the process by which a plasmid can be transferred from one bacterial cell to another is termed what?
3. During cytoplasmic eukaryotic protein synthesis, the initiator tRNA molecule carries which of the following amino acids?
4. Which of the following cells would you expect to have the thinnest layer of peptidoglycan in their cell wall?
- A gram positive bacterial cell
- A gram negative bacterial cell
- A mammalian cell
- A yeast cell
5. Which statement is correct?
- polydenylation adds coding sequences to the mRNA
- polydenylation slows down the degradation of mRNA
- polydenylation speeds up the degradation of mRNA
- polydenylation occurs at the 5' end of mRNA molecule