1. The base adenine (A) of the DNA of the bacterium Salmonella enterica forms 23.9% of its composition. which of the following is most likely the base composition of the genome given C is cytosine, G is guanine and T is thymine?
- C=23.9% G=26.1% and T=26.1%
- C=23.9% G=23.9% and T=23.9%
- C=26.1% G=26.1% and T=23.9%
- C=26.1% G=26.1% and T=26.1%
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Many of the proteins in the bacterial flagellum show homology with the proteins of which of the following structures?
- Type three secretion system
3. Which of the following bacterial species would you expect to have the thickest peptidoglycan layer?
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Escherichia coli
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae
4. Which of the following best describes a chemolithotropic organism?
- An organism which obtains energy from the oxidation of inorganic chemicals
- An organism which obtains energy from the oxidation of organic chemicals
- An organism which obtains energy from light driven reactions
- An organism which obtains energy from the oxidation of sugars
5. the term used to describe flagella distributed across the entire surface of a bacterial cell is called what?