1. What is an adaptation of root hair cells?
- Small, long and tim to make movement easier
- Hair like projections to increase surface area so more water can be absorbed
- Thin outer wall and thick inner wall, in light will absorb water to become turgid
- Contains chloroplasts to absorb light, thin walls
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not an adaptation of an erythrocyte?
- Small to allow it to get close to body tissues
- Biconcave disk to increase surface area, and hold more oxygen
- Many lysosomes to break down particles
- No nucleus so there is more room for oxygen
3. Which of these is not correct?
- Organ System - One organ with a particular function
- Tissue- group of similar cells that work together to form the same function
4. What is an adaptation of xylem tissue?
- Long coluums of xylem vessels with parenchyma between them to support them
- Sieve plates are between each element
- Exposed surface covered with cilia
5. What is not a reason for cell coordination?
- Circulatory system need to speed up to provide oxygen
- Diffusion of air into body cells from the air
- Muscular system needs to coordinate with nervous system
- Muscular and skeletal system need to coordinate