1. What is the name of the dark region within the nucleus?
- The nucleolus
- The nuclear sap
- The premature nuclei
- The DNA
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are lysosomes?
- External organelles that keep cells stationary
- Vesicles that play a key role in protein synthesis
- Specialised forms of vesicles containing hydrolytic enzymes (digestive enzymes)
- Specialised digestive enzymes
3. What is exocytosis?
- When materials are transported out of the cell via secretory vesicles
- When materials are transported into the cell via secretory vesicles
- The process in which cells get rid of or burn excess energy
- A complex form of cellular division in some cells.
4. What is the difference in structure between the smooth endoplasmic reticulum and the rough endoplasmic reticulum?
- The rough ER has centrioles attached to it, and the smooth ER does not
- The rough ER has ribosomes attached to it, and the smoothh ER does not
- The smooth ER is normally much larger than the rough ER
- The rough ER is attaced to the nucleus, and the smooth ER is attached to the cell membrane
5. Which are three features of plant cell walls?
- Are rigid structures, allow the plant cell to change shape, and are partially permeable.
- Found inside the cell membrane, freely permeable, and make the plant cell rigid
- Made of cellulose, are freely permeable, and are on the outside of the cell membrane
- Made of cellulose, are partially permeable, and are on the outside of the cell membrane