1. Where are proteins synthesised?
- In the cisternae of the golgi apparatus
- Within the endoplasmic reticulim
- On the ribosomes bound to the endoplasmic reticulum
- In the ribosomes that are found free floating in the cytoplasm
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are microtubules?
- A component of the cytoskeleton that forms a scaffold like structure that determines the shape of the cell
- Contractile fibres formed from the protein actin
- Tiny organelles on the surface of the cell that record information about the cells environment
- A component of the cytoskeleton that can break down the cell and rebuild it again during complex cellular processes
3. What is exocytosis?
- When materials are transported out of the cell via secretory vesicles
- When materials are transported into the cell via secretory vesicles
- The process in which cells get rid of or burn excess energy
- A complex form of cellular division in some cells.
4. What is the name of the dark region within the nucleus?
- The nuclear sap
- The nucleolus
- The DNA
- The premature nuclei
5. In prokaryotic cells, the cell wall is made from...?