1. Which of these is not correct?
- Anaphase- Centromeres split and the chromatids move to the poles of the cell
- Prophase - Supercoiling of chromosomes, nuclear envelope breakdown, spindle forms
- Telophase - Chromatids have reached the poles, nuclear envelope reforms and chromosomes begin to unravel
- Cytokinesis - Cytoplasm spilts to make two genetically different cells
- Metaphase -Chromosomes line up at equator of cell, with the spindle attached at the centromere
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is not part of the Fluid Mosaic model?
- Constantly moving and diffrent shapes
- 7-10nm thick
- Used for cell signalling
- Phosopholipid bilayer
3. What is facilitated diffusion?
- Movement of ion across membranes through protein pumps that use ATP to move within the mebrane
- Channel proteins provide pathways for charged molecules or those that are too big,
- Net movement of water from high water potential to low water potential
- Vesicles moving large amount of substance in and out of the cell via ATP
4. Which of these statements are true?
- Yeast uses mitosis to bud and make a new organism
- Meiosis produces genetically different cells
- Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that are not capable to differentiating into a number of different types of cells
- Homologous chromosomes are chromosomes that don't have different versions of a gene at the same locus
5. What happens to a plann cell in high and low Ψ ?
- Turgid and Plasmolysed
- Lysis and Crentation