1. Which of these statements are true?
- Yeast uses mitosis to bud and make a new organism
- Meiosis produces genetically different cells
- Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that are not capable to differentiating into a number of different types of cells
- Homologous chromosomes are chromosomes that don't have different versions of a gene at the same locus
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not correct?
- Anaphase- Centromeres split and the chromatids move to the poles of the cell
- Cytokinesis - Cytoplasm spilts to make two genetically different cells
- Telophase - Chromatids have reached the poles, nuclear envelope reforms and chromosomes begin to unravel
- Metaphase -Chromosomes line up at equator of cell, with the spindle attached at the centromere
- Prophase - Supercoiling of chromosomes, nuclear envelope breakdown, spindle forms
3. What happens to a plann cell in high and low Ψ ?
- Turgid and Plasmolysed
- Lysis and Crentation
4. What are glycoprotiens used for?
- Channel proteins allow larger molecules and ions through, carrier proteins actively transport things in and out of the cell
- have a carbohydrate attached and is used for cell signaling, adhesion and cell surface antigens
- Maintains the stability and fluidity of the bi-layer when the temperature fluctuates
5. What is diffusion?
- Net movement of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration
- Channel proteins provide pathways for charged molecules or those that are too big,
- Net movement of water from high water potential to low water potential
- Movement of ion across membranes through protein pumps that use ATP to move within the mebrane