1. Which of these is not a use of mitosis?
- Sexual reproduction - Produces non-identical gametes
- Growth- Make new identical new cells to perform the same function
- Repair- Identical cells can replace broken and dead cells
- Asexual Reproduction - Single celled organisms produce daughter cells or a separate organism
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are glycoprotiens used for?
- Channel proteins allow larger molecules and ions through, carrier proteins actively transport things in and out of the cell
- have a carbohydrate attached and is used for cell signaling, adhesion and cell surface antigens
- Maintains the stability and fluidity of the bi-layer when the temperature fluctuates
3. How is exocytosis and endocytosis carried out?
- Vesicles moving large amount of substance in and out of the cell via ATP
- Channel proteins provide pathways for charged molecules or those that are too big,
4. The Phosopholipid bilayer is?
- Double layer of phosolipids, with a hydrophillic head and hydrophobic tail
- Proteins and lipids arranged in a fluid mosaic model
5. What effect does heat not have on the plasma membrane?
- Channel proteins start to denature leaving big gaps in the cell membrane
- Molecules vibrate less so less molecules come through
- Molecules vibrate more, leaving temporary gaps in the phospholipid bilayer