1. Which of these is not correct?
- Anaphase- Centromeres split and the chromatids move to the poles of the cell
- Prophase - Supercoiling of chromosomes, nuclear envelope breakdown, spindle forms
- Cytokinesis - Cytoplasm spilts to make two genetically different cells
- Metaphase -Chromosomes line up at equator of cell, with the spindle attached at the centromere
- Telophase - Chromatids have reached the poles, nuclear envelope reforms and chromosomes begin to unravel
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is not part of the Fluid Mosaic model?
- Phosopholipid bilayer
- Used for cell signalling
- 7-10nm thick
- Constantly moving and diffrent shapes
3. What is diffusion?
- Movement of ion across membranes through protein pumps that use ATP to move within the mebrane
- Net movement of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration
- Net movement of water from high water potential to low water potential
- Channel proteins provide pathways for charged molecules or those that are too big,
4. What is not a function of the membrane?
- Regulate transport in and out of cell
- Separate cell contents from the outside
- Membranes produce different compartments inside cells
- Produce proteins for repair
- Cell recognition and signalling (such as electrical signals)
5. What is the use of cholesterol?
- Maintains the stability and fluidity of the bi-layer when the temperature fluctuates
- have a carbohydrate attached and is used for cell signaling, adhesion and cell surface antigens
- Channel proteins allow larger molecules and ions through, carrier proteins actively transport things in and out of the cell
- Have a carbohydrate attached used for cell signalling and adhesion