1. Which Hb is unaffected by 2,3BPG?
- Pig and carnivore
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is BPG commonly found?
- Metabolizing tissues
- The lungs
3. What does the proximal histidine do?
- Binds reversibly to the iron ion, pulling the haem group back into the plane
- Binds to the iron ion, distorting the haem group
- Weakens CO binding by weakening the C-O bond
4. Why does foetal Hb have a higher O2 affinity at lower pO2?
- Foetal Hb is not affected by any negative allosteric inhibitors
- BPG binds less tightly to foetal Hb
- Foetal Hb is generally more stable in the oxy form
5. What effect does increasing temperature have on Hb?
- It reduces the affinity for O2
- It increases the affinity for O2