1. Apart from dissolved in plasma and bound to proteins like Hb, how is CO2 carried in the blood?
- As HCO3- ions, CO3- ions and H2CO3
- As H2CO3 only
- As HCO3- ions only
- As HCO3- ions, CO3+ ions and H2CO3
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which demonstrates sigmoid dependency on the substrate concentration?
3. What is the primary function of myoglobin?
- A store of oxygen that can rapidly unload O2 as soon as exercise begins
- A store of oxygen that only releases O2 in very low pO2 conditions
- An oxygen transporter that works alongside Haemoglobin
4. What effect does increasing temperature have on Hb?
- It reduces the affinity for O2
- It increases the affinity for O2
5. What is the prosthetic group of Haemoglobin?
- The haem group
- Distal histidine
- The Fe2+ ion
- Proximal histidine
Similar Biology resources: