1. How is the majority of CO2 transported?
- In the erythrocytes
- Dissolved in solution
- Dissolved in plasma
- Bound to Hb
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When is myoglobin's affinity for O2 at its lowest?
- In very low O2 levels
- In very high O2 levels
3. How is the majority of oyxgen carried?
- Bound to haemoglobin
- Bound to myoglobin
- Dissolved in the plasma
4. What is a prosthetic group?
- A group inserted into a protein post-translation
- A protein plus a non-protein group inserted post-translation
5. What is the primary function of myoglobin?
- A store of oxygen that can rapidly unload O2 as soon as exercise begins
- A store of oxygen that only releases O2 in very low pO2 conditions
- An oxygen transporter that works alongside Haemoglobin