1. What effect does increasing pO2 have on Hb?
- It shifts the equilibrium so more Hb exists in the deoxy state
- It causes more oxygen to be unloaded
- It shifts the equilibrium so more Hb exists in the oxy state
- It increases the affinity for O2
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is BPG commonly found?
- The lungs
- Metabolizing tissues
3. How many porphyrin rings does one molecule of Haemoglobin have?
4. How is the majority of oyxgen carried?
- Dissolved in the plasma
- Bound to haemoglobin
- Bound to myoglobin
5. When is myoglobin's affinity for O2 at its lowest?
- In very low O2 levels
- In very high O2 levels