1. What is the prosthetic group of Haemoglobin?
- The haem group
- Distal histidine
- The Fe2+ ion
- Proximal histidine
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is BPG commonly found?
- Metabolizing tissues
- The lungs
3. Which demonstrates sigmoid dependency on the substrate concentration?
4. Apart from dissolved in plasma and bound to proteins like Hb, how is CO2 carried in the blood?
- As HCO3- ions only
- As HCO3- ions, CO3- ions and H2CO3
- As H2CO3 only
- As HCO3- ions, CO3+ ions and H2CO3
5. How many coordination bonds can the Fe2+ of haemoglobin form?