1. What is the function of the pleural fluid?
- Provides surface tension and lubrication
- Keeps alveoli moist
- Lubrication only
- Keeps lungs and bronchioles moist
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do the Purkinje fibres stimulate?
- The sinoatrial node
- Myocardium of the heart wall
- The aorta
3. What is special about the inner epithelium of the trachea?
- It is keratinised
- It is ciliated
- It is folded to allow expansion
4. At what point does the trachea bifurcate into the bronchi?
- The level of the second rib
- Just as it enters the mediastinum
- The level of the fifth rib
- Above the diaphragm
5. What is a ventricular diastole?
- Contraction of the ventricles, forcing blood into the major blood vessels
- Relaxation of the ventricles, allowing blood in from the atria
- Relaxation of the ventricles, closing the atrioventricular valves