1. Why are horses obligate nasal breathers?
- They're too dumb to breathe through their mouths
- Epiglottis is located above the soft palate, forming an airtight seal between oropharynx and trachea
- Trachea is located dorsal to oesphagus
- Epiglottis is located below the soft palate, blocking the entrance to the trachea
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the function of the pleural fluid?
- Keeps alveoli moist
- Provides surface tension and lubrication
- Keeps lungs and bronchioles moist
- Lubrication only
3. What is a ventricular diastole?
- Contraction of the ventricles, forcing blood into the major blood vessels
- Relaxation of the ventricles, allowing blood in from the atria
- Relaxation of the ventricles, closing the atrioventricular valves
4. What is found at the base of the heart in a dog?
- Phrenopericardiac ligament
- Sternopericardiac ligament
5. List the blood vessels in ascending order of blood pressure
- Vein, venule, capillary, arteriole, artery
- Capillary, venule, vein, arteriole, artery
- Venule, vein, capillary, arteriole, artery
- Venule, vein, capillary, artery, arteriole