1. Why do Alpha and Beta glucose have different shapes?
- one is an enzyme
- The OH group on carbon one differs between the two molecules
- The OH group on carbon 4 differs
- Heat changes the overall shape of Alpha glucose but not beta
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the name ofthe bond formed between two monosaccharides to produce a disaccharide?
- covalent bond
- disulfide bond
- Glycosidic Bond
- Hydrogen bond
3. Which elements do carbohydrates contain?
- Oxygen, Hydrogen and Fructose
- Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen
- Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen
4. what are 3 carbon monosaccharides known as?
- Triose sugars
- Fructose Sugars
- Pentose Sugars
- Hexose Sugars
5. What type of sugar is a glucose molecule?