1. what is meant by the term monosaccharide?
- a small molecule
- a complex sugar molecule.
- a simple sugar molecule.
- a polymer of glucose
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Write out the equation showing the condensation reaction to produce Maltose
- Glucose + Glucose = Maltose + Water
- Glucose + Water = Maltose
- Fructose + Sucrose = Maltose
- Glucose + Glucose = Maltose
3. what are 3 carbon monosaccharides known as?
- Triose sugars
- Pentose Sugars
- Hexose Sugars
- Fructose Sugars
4. Which elements do carbohydrates contain?
- Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen
- Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen
- Oxygen, Hydrogen and Fructose
5. Why do Alpha and Beta glucose have different shapes?
- The OH group on carbon one differs between the two molecules
- The OH group on carbon 4 differs
- one is an enzyme
- Heat changes the overall shape of Alpha glucose but not beta