1. what is meant by the term monosaccharide?
- a simple sugar molecule.
- a small molecule
- a complex sugar molecule.
- a polymer of glucose
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Write out the equation showing the condensation reaction to produce Maltose
- Glucose + Glucose = Maltose + Water
- Glucose + Water = Maltose
- Fructose + Sucrose = Maltose
- Glucose + Glucose = Maltose
3. Why do Alpha and Beta glucose have different shapes?
- one is an enzyme
- The OH group on carbon one differs between the two molecules
- The OH group on carbon 4 differs
- Heat changes the overall shape of Alpha glucose but not beta
4. What is the molecular formular for a triose sugar?
- C3 O4 H12
- C3 H6 O3
- C6 H12 O6
- C3 H4 O3
5. List properties common to all monosaccharides and disaccharides
- soluble, sweet, crystalline
- sweet, salty, juicy
- soluble, bland, hard
- insoluble, crystalline, sweet