1. What is the name ofthe bond formed between two monosaccharides to produce a disaccharide?
- disulfide bond
- Glycosidic Bond
- covalent bond
- Hydrogen bond
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do Alpha and Beta glucose have different shapes?
- Heat changes the overall shape of Alpha glucose but not beta
- The OH group on carbon one differs between the two molecules
- one is an enzyme
- The OH group on carbon 4 differs
3. Which elements do carbohydrates contain?
- Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen
- Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen
- Oxygen, Hydrogen and Fructose
4. what are 3 carbon monosaccharides known as?
- Hexose Sugars
- Triose sugars
- Pentose Sugars
- Fructose Sugars
5. List properties common to all monosaccharides and disaccharides
- sweet, salty, juicy
- soluble, bland, hard
- soluble, sweet, crystalline
- insoluble, crystalline, sweet