1. Why did she refuse an offer to sing at the met early in her career?
- She had a contract elsewhere
- She was not willing to sing for the amount of money they were offering
- She did not want to sing in English and thought she was too fat to sings Butterfly.
- She was only planning on staying in America briefly
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who sung Alfredo with Callas, at Covent Garden in 1958?
- C. Valletti
- A. Kraus
- G. di Stefano
- N. Gedda
3. Who was Madame Biki?
- She designed a lot of Callas's clothes
- She was Callas's sister
- She was a rival soprano
- She was Verdi's grand-daughter and worked with Maria
4. Who called her the "bible of opera"?
- L. Bernstein
- H. von Karajan
- Queen Elizabeth II
- Tito Gobbi
5. After her weightloss what was her voice type described as?
- A dark dramatic coloratura soprano
- A huge soprano leggero
- A lyric soprano
- A spinto soprano