1. why do solid ionic compounds form crystals?
- ionic bonds create one giant ionic lattice which is a single crystal of salt
- the forces of attraction between the ions are very strong
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the earths hydrosphere?
- the oceans
3. what makes sea water salty?
- contains many ionic compounds called salts
- someone was eating slat and vinegar crips in the sea
4. name a gas in dry air that is a ompund
- carbon dioxide
5. explain why most molecular substances are gases
- they are produced in the atmosphere
- they have low melting and boiling points, so normally gases at room temp
- they feel like it
- they have a strong bond