1. what makes sea water salty?
- contains many ionic compounds called salts
- someone was eating slat and vinegar crips in the sea
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is covalent bonding
- atoms vibrating together
- sharing electrons due to electrostatic attraction between the positive nuclei and the negative electrons
- giving up or gaining an electron
3. why can ionic compounds conduct electricity when dissolved in water but not when they're solid?
- when dissolved ions can separate and can move freely meaning they are able to carry an electric current
- there are gaps for the current to flow through
4. explain why most molecular substances are gases
- they have low melting and boiling points, so normally gases at room temp
- they have a strong bond
- they feel like it
- they are produced in the atmosphere
5. what is the earths hydrosphere?
- the oceans