1. How many years does it take approx for a new drug to be developed?
- 10 years
- 2 years
- 1 Year
- 15 Years
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Extracting chemicals from plants include...
- boiling, heating, cooking, and cutting
- Cutting, squeezing, pulling, and chromatography
- Crushing to disrupt cell walls,boiling to dissolve compounds, chromatography to separate and identify individual compounds, isolating, purifying, and testing potentially useful compuounds
- Crushing, dissolving, heating, and Crystalography
3. Batch process...
- has high labour costs
- make a fixed amount, allow batches to be made and stored, allows products to be made and sold by a given date, easy to change product on production, and easy to make a new batch of something
- wastes time
- is difficult to maintain, and is smelly
4. Batch process disadvantages...
- costs money, inefficient, ect
- process is inefficient if not in constant use, high initial building and set up costs, supervision is needed, time loss due to cleaning needed
- Costly, large, waste of space
- Smelly, scar landscape
5. Order of the stages of an exothermic reaction...
- energy is used to create atoms for heat and light
- Energy is needed to break reactants into separate atoms, then atoms join to form new bonds, releasing energy
- CO2 is added to burn the reactants forming a solution
- atoms collide and release heat
Similar Science resources: