1. Batch process...
- has high labour costs
- make a fixed amount, allow batches to be made and stored, allows products to be made and sold by a given date, easy to change product on production, and easy to make a new batch of something
- wastes time
- is difficult to maintain, and is smelly
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. To decide if a chemical reaction is bond making or breaking the amount of ? made and produced need to be compared
3. Extracting chemicals from plants include...
- Cutting, squeezing, pulling, and chromatography
- Crushing, dissolving, heating, and Crystalography
- Crushing to disrupt cell walls,boiling to dissolve compounds, chromatography to separate and identify individual compounds, isolating, purifying, and testing potentially useful compuounds
- boiling, heating, cooking, and cutting
4. Batch process disadvantages...
- Costly, large, waste of space
- process is inefficient if not in constant use, high initial building and set up costs, supervision is needed, time loss due to cleaning needed
- Smelly, scar landscape
- costs money, inefficient, ect
5. Chemicals needed in small quantities are made using
- bar chart / graph
- A continuous process
- a batch process
- haber process