1. Why are the more reactive elements higher up in group 7?
- The electrons are closer to the nucleus, stronger forces, easier to gain an electron.
- The electrons are further from the nucleus, meaning there is a weaker attraction so it is easy to lose an electron.
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Properties of group 7 elements
- Low density, not very reactive, react covalently
- React with metals to produce ionic compounds
- High density, highly reactive, react ionically with non-metals
3. How where the elements arranged in the early periodic table?
- By the number of electrons
- By atomic mass
- By atomic number
4. Why are the alkali metals stored in oil?
- They would ignite in air
- They are highly reactive with water
- They are highly reactive with oil
5. Why was Newlands idea not accepted?
- Was not a respected scientist
- Did not work after calcium
- Didn't leave any gaps