1. Why was Newlands idea not accepted?
- Was not a respected scientist
- Did not work after calcium
- Didn't leave any gaps
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a group?
- Random elements together
- The columns in the periodic table
- The rows in the periodic table
3. Where are the non-metals on the periodic table?
- On the right
- On the left
- Do not form part of the periodic table
4. 1 useful property of transition metals
- Highly reactive
- Good catalyst
- Poor conductor
- Easily obtained
5. Properties of group 7 elements
- React with metals to produce ionic compounds
- High density, highly reactive, react ionically with non-metals
- Low density, not very reactive, react covalently