1. What was Mendelevs idea?
- Organised elements in a repeating pattern and left gaps.
- Rule of octaves
- Rule of triads
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where are the metals on the periodic table?
- On the left
- On the right
- Do not form part of the periodic table
3. Two differences of transition metals compared with alkali metals
- High melting point, stronger and harder
- Low melting point, softer and weaker
- More reactive
4. Why are the alkali metals stored in oil?
- They are highly reactive with water
- They are highly reactive with oil
- They would ignite in air
5. How where the elements arranged in the early periodic table?
- By the number of electrons
- By atomic mass
- By atomic number