1. Properties of group 1 elements
- Low density, not very reactive, react ionically with non-metals
- Low density, highly reactive, react covalently with non-metals
- Low density, highly reactive, react ionically with non-metals
- High density, highly reactive, react ionically with non-metals
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are the more reactive elements higher up in group 7?
- The electrons are closer to the nucleus, stronger forces, easier to gain an electron.
- The electrons are further from the nucleus, meaning there is a weaker attraction so it is easy to lose an electron.
3. How are the elements arranged in the periodic table?
- By the number of electrons
- By atomic number
- By atomic mass
4. Where are the non-metals on the periodic table?
- On the right
- On the left
- Do not form part of the periodic table
5. What was Mendelevs idea?
- Rule of triads
- Organised elements in a repeating pattern and left gaps.
- Rule of octaves