1. Properties of group 7 elements
- Low density, not very reactive, react covalently
- React with metals to produce ionic compounds
- High density, highly reactive, react ionically with non-metals
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was Newlands Idea?
- Rule of Octaves, every eighth element had similar properties.
- Rule of Triads
- Arranged in order of atomic number
3. Why are the more reactive elements further down the group in group 1?
- The electrons are further from the nucleus, meaning there is a weaker attraction so it is easy to lose an electron.
- The electrons are closer to the nucleus, meaning there is a stronger attraction meaning it is easier to lose an electron
4. What is a group?
- Random elements together
- The columns in the periodic table
- The rows in the periodic table
5. How where the elements arranged in the early periodic table?
- By the number of electrons
- By atomic mass
- By atomic number