1. Which of these can chemical analysis be useful for?
- All three.
- Forensic science.
- River pollution.
- Medicinal use.
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What costs are a factor of making ammonia by the Haber process?
- Extraction of materials, energy.
- Extraction of materials, a catalyst, energy, equipment, wages.
- Raw materials, energy, wages.
- Wages, a catalyst, equipment.
3. How do we test for halide ions?
- Add dilute hydrochloric acid followed by barium chloride to see if a white precipitate forms.
- Add dilute nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution and see if a precipitate forms.
- Add dilute sodium hydroxide solution to see if a precipitate forms.
- Perform a flame test.
4. What solution is used to test for sulfate ions?
- Calcium chloride
- Strontium chloride
- Barium chloride
- Magnesium chloride
5. If the forward reaction is exothermic, an increase in temperature will...
- ...increase the volume of reactants formed.
- ...decrease the volume of products formed.
- ...increase the volume of products formed.
- ...decrease the volume of reactants formed.