1. Which compound group reacts with dilute acid to form carbon dioxide?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What solution is used to test for sulfate ions?
- Barium chloride
- Calcium chloride
- Strontium chloride
- Magnesium chloride
3. How do we test for halide ions?
- Add dilute nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution and see if a precipitate forms.
- Add dilute sodium hydroxide solution to see if a precipitate forms.
- Add dilute hydrochloric acid followed by barium chloride to see if a white precipitate forms.
- Perform a flame test.
4. When a reversible reaction is at equilibrium, how does the rate of the forward reaction compare with the rate of the reverse reaction?
- The reverse reaction occurs at a faster rate than the forward reaction.
- The forward reaction and and reverse reaction occur simultaneously at the same rate.
- The forward reaction occurs at a faster rate than the reverse reaction.
- It depends on the reaction conditions.
5. The equation for finding the mass of a titrated substance in moles is...
- ...volume in dm3 x concentration in mol/dm3.
- ...concentration in mol/dm3 x volume in dm3.
- ...concentration in mol/dm3 / volume in dm3.
- ...volume in dm3 / concentration in mol/dm3.