1. What would a carbonate produce when reacted with dilute acid?
- Water and limestone
- Carbon dioxide and calcium oxide
- Water and Carbon dioxide
- Carbon dioxide and Limestone
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the test for CO2 ( do test to see if CO2 was produced in the last reaction)
- limewater turns cloudy
- reacts with water to form CaO
- White precipitate forms when reacted with barium chloride
- Has a distinctive choking smell
3. What would be the result of a sulphate test?
- Carbon dioxide would be produced (turns limewater cloudy)
- White Barium sulphate precipitate would form
- Cream Chlorine sulphate would form
- Yellow Iodine sulphate would form
4. How would you test for sulphate ions?
- Flame test
- Add Barium chloride (in presence of dilute HCL)
- react with dilute acid
- Add sodium hydroxide
5. What is the charge of Anions?
- No charge