1. How would you test a substance to see if it contains a carbonate ion?
- Add silver nitrate solution (and dilute nitric acid)
- Flame test
- React with dilute acid
- Add sodium hydroxide
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What would be the result of a sulphate test?
- White Barium sulphate precipitate would form
- Cream Chlorine sulphate would form
- Carbon dioxide would be produced (turns limewater cloudy)
- Yellow Iodine sulphate would form
3. What colour precipitate would form for Cl,Br and I?
- Cl-white , Br-cream , I-yellow
- Cl-white, Br-green, I-brown
- Cl-yellow, Br-cream, I-white
- Cl-cream, Br-green, I-white
4. How would you test for a halide ion?
- react with Sodium Hydroxide
- react with silver nitrate (and dilute nitric acid)
- react with barium chloride (and HCL)
- flame test
5. What would a carbonate produce when reacted with dilute acid?
- Water and Carbon dioxide
- Carbon dioxide and Limestone
- Water and limestone
- Carbon dioxide and calcium oxide