1. What colour precipitate would form for Cl,Br and I?
- Cl-cream, Br-green, I-white
- Cl-white, Br-green, I-brown
- Cl-white , Br-cream , I-yellow
- Cl-yellow, Br-cream, I-white
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How would you test for sulphate ions?
- Add sodium hydroxide
- Add Barium chloride (in presence of dilute HCL)
- Flame test
- react with dilute acid
3. What would be the result of a sulphate test?
- White Barium sulphate precipitate would form
- Yellow Iodine sulphate would form
- Cream Chlorine sulphate would form
- Carbon dioxide would be produced (turns limewater cloudy)
4. What is the charge of Anions?
- No charge
5. What is the test for CO2 ( do test to see if CO2 was produced in the last reaction)
- reacts with water to form CaO
- White precipitate forms when reacted with barium chloride
- limewater turns cloudy
- Has a distinctive choking smell