1. How would you test for sulphate ions?
- Add sodium hydroxide
- react with dilute acid
- Add Barium chloride (in presence of dilute HCL)
- Flame test
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the charge of Anions?
- No charge
3. What would be the result of a sulphate test?
- Yellow Iodine sulphate would form
- White Barium sulphate precipitate would form
- Carbon dioxide would be produced (turns limewater cloudy)
- Cream Chlorine sulphate would form
4. How would you test for a halide ion?
- react with Sodium Hydroxide
- flame test
- react with silver nitrate (and dilute nitric acid)
- react with barium chloride (and HCL)
5. What would a carbonate produce when reacted with dilute acid?
- Water and limestone
- Water and Carbon dioxide
- Carbon dioxide and Limestone
- Carbon dioxide and calcium oxide