1. What colour precipitate would form for Cl,Br and I?
- Cl-cream, Br-green, I-white
- Cl-white , Br-cream , I-yellow
- Cl-yellow, Br-cream, I-white
- Cl-white, Br-green, I-brown
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the test for CO2 ( do test to see if CO2 was produced in the last reaction)
- limewater turns cloudy
- White precipitate forms when reacted with barium chloride
- Has a distinctive choking smell
- reacts with water to form CaO
3. What would be the result of a sulphate test?
- Yellow Iodine sulphate would form
- Cream Chlorine sulphate would form
- White Barium sulphate precipitate would form
- Carbon dioxide would be produced (turns limewater cloudy)
4. What is the charge of Anions?
- No charge
5. How would you test a substance to see if it contains a carbonate ion?
- React with dilute acid
- Flame test
- Add sodium hydroxide
- Add silver nitrate solution (and dilute nitric acid)