1. Which metal would produce a yellow flame?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the charge of cations?
- No charge
3. Which metal would produce a brick red flame?
4. Why aren't flame tests used to test all cations?
- Some react too violently with the flame
- Many only produce white flames, or similar coloured flames
- The heat of the flame isn't high enough to react with all of them
5. How is a flame test carried out?
- Heat and dip a nichrome wire in HCL, then dip it in the compound and place in the flam
- Heat the powdered compound in an evaporating dish on top of the flame
- Heat a solution of the compound in a beaker