1. How is a flame test carried out?
- Heat a solution of the compound in a beaker
- Heat and dip a nichrome wire in HCL, then dip it in the compound and place in the flam
- Heat the powdered compound in an evaporating dish on top of the flame
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which metal would produce a scarlet flame?
3. What is another test that can be done for Cations?
- reacting with a dilute acid
- Adding Barium chloride and dilute HCL
- Adding Sodium Hydroxide
- Adding silver nitrate ( int he presence of dilute nitric acid)
4. Which metal would produce a brick red flame?
5. Which 3 cations produce white precipitates when NaOH is added?
- Iron, Copper,Calcium
- Calcium, Aluminium, Copper
- Iron, Magnesium, Aluminium