1. What is a flame test used to analyse?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why aren't flame tests used to test all cations?
- Some react too violently with the flame
- Many only produce white flames, or similar coloured flames
- The heat of the flame isn't high enough to react with all of them
3. Which metal would produce a brick red flame?
4. What is another test that can be done for Cations?
- Adding Sodium Hydroxide
- Adding Barium chloride and dilute HCL
- Adding silver nitrate ( int he presence of dilute nitric acid)
- reacting with a dilute acid
5. Which metal would produce a scarlet flame?