1. What is an Exothermic reaction?
- A reaction where gas is given off
- A reaction where the reactants are used up
- A reaction where heat energy is given out
- A reaction where heat energy is taken in
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. A successful collision is one in which:
- Particles bounce off each other
- Enough energy is transferred for particles to react
- Enough energy is transferred for particles to bounce off each other
- The particles hit each other
3. How does a catalyst increase the rate of reaction?
- Pushes the particles closer together
- Lowers the activation energy
- Makes the particles move faster
- Increases the energy of the reaction
4. What increases the rate of a reaction?
- All of the ones stated
- Surface area
- None of the ones stated
5. What happens when the surface area of a solid is increased?
- The reaction expands
- The rate of reaction decreases
- The rate of reaction increases
- No change