1. What happens when the surface area of a solid is increased?
- The reaction expands
- The rate of reaction increases
- No change
- The rate of reaction decreases
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does a catalyst increase the rate of reaction?
- Increases the energy of the reaction
- Makes the particles move faster
- Lowers the activation energy
- Pushes the particles closer together
3. Which of the following statements about collisions is correct?
- Only fast-moving particles collide with each other
- Reactions can happen if the colliding particles have enough energy
- All colliding particles have the same amount of energy
- Collisions only happen if there is heat
4. What increases the rate of a reaction?
- Surface area
- All of the ones stated
- None of the ones stated
5. A successful collision is one in which:
- Enough energy is transferred for particles to react
- The particles hit each other
- Enough energy is transferred for particles to bounce off each other
- Particles bounce off each other