1. What is the atomic structure of Flourine?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are alloys stronger and harder than pure metals?
- Different sized atoms disrupt the regular arrangement of atoms and so the layers cannot slide over each other.
- Different types of free electrons repel each other and so keep the metal in a certain shape.
- The added metal is harder than the original metal.
- The atoms are now bigger so there is less room to move.
3. What is ionic bonding?
- Giant structure of transition metals.
- Non-metals which share electrons.
- A metal loses electrons to a non-metal and the electromagnetic forces attract the atoms together.
- Metals in a lattice with delocalised electrons.
4. What method is used to separate crude oil?
- Thermal decomposition
- Fractional distillation
5. Electrolysis is:
- A form of displacement with carbon.
- Splitting up ionic compounds using electricity.
- Generating electricity by burning fossil fuels.
- Splitting radioactive nuclei.