1. What is ionic bonding?
- Metals in a lattice with delocalised electrons.
- A metal loses electrons to a non-metal and the electromagnetic forces attract the atoms together.
- Non-metals which share electrons.
- Giant structure of transition metals.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are alloys stronger and harder than pure metals?
- Different sized atoms disrupt the regular arrangement of atoms and so the layers cannot slide over each other.
- Different types of free electrons repel each other and so keep the metal in a certain shape.
- The added metal is harder than the original metal.
- The atoms are now bigger so there is less room to move.
3. What are the hyrocarbons with the longest chains called?
4. What method is used to separate crude oil?
- Thermal decomposition
- Fractional distillation
5. What is the general formula for alkenes?