1. Which of these is not an alternative fuel to crude oil?
- Sulfur dioxide
- Hydrogen gas
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Electrolysis is:
- A form of displacement with carbon.
- Splitting radioactive nuclei.
- Splitting up ionic compounds using electricity.
- Generating electricity by burning fossil fuels.
3. Bronze is an alloy of:
- Copper and tin
- Copper and nickel
- Gold and zinc
- Zinc and tin
4. Why are alloys stronger and harder than pure metals?
- The added metal is harder than the original metal.
- Different sized atoms disrupt the regular arrangement of atoms and so the layers cannot slide over each other.
- Different types of free electrons repel each other and so keep the metal in a certain shape.
- The atoms are now bigger so there is less room to move.
5. What does limestone thermally decompose to form?
- Calcium oxide and carbon dioxide
- Calcium oxide and water
- Calcium dioxide and carbon monoxide
- Calcium dioxide and carbon dioxide