1. What are the hyrocarbons with the longest chains called?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. In an ion, the number of electrons equals the number of protons
3. What is the general formula for alkenes?
4. Why are alloys stronger and harder than pure metals?
- The added metal is harder than the original metal.
- Different sized atoms disrupt the regular arrangement of atoms and so the layers cannot slide over each other.
- Different types of free electrons repel each other and so keep the metal in a certain shape.
- The atoms are now bigger so there is less room to move.
5. Which of these is not an alternative fuel to crude oil?
- Sulfur dioxide
- Hydrogen gas