1. What is a mantra?
- A word or phrase to aid concentration
- A type of worship
- A type of robe
- A community of Buddhists
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do Buddhists wash statues of the Buddha when they visit temples?
- Because it represents how the Buddha cleared his mind of tanha and reached enlightenment
- Because it reminds them of Anatta
- Because it keeps the statues clean
- Because it helps them concentrate when mediating
3. Which is the meaning of Anatta?
- Suffering is caused by greed and selfishness
- No separate self
- Suffering is part of life
4. What do the pig, cockerel, and snake at the centre or the wheel of Samsara represent?
- The cycle of Karma
- The three poisons- ignorance (pig), greed (cockerel) and anger (snake)
- The states of a human mind
- The three marks of existence-Anicca (pig) Anatta (cockerel) and Dukkha (snake)
5. Which of these is NOT one of the three marks of existence?