1. Describe the texture of this piece
- Contrapuntal, but with fugal moments
- Fugal and contrapuntal with elements of monophonic and homophonic
- Entirely fugal
- Almost entirely homophonic, but with elements of contrapuntal and heterophonic
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are terraced dynamics?
- Soft when texture is thin and loud when texture is thick
- Always loud dynamics, except when the harpsichord is playing
- Always loud dynamics
- Only soft when another instrument is soloing
3. Which of the following instruments is NOT in the Brandenburg Concerto?
- Classical guitar
4. What is a basso continuo?
- A harpsichord or accompaniment part playing a single bass line with figured bass
- A piano playing chords with a violin solo
- A harpsichord playing a high pitched melody with a cello playing a repeating bass line
5. How is the concerto grosso split?
- Five movements: Fast - slow - violin solo - slow - fast
- Four movements: Fast - slow - uplifting - fast
- Three movements: Fast - slow - fast
- Two movements: Fast - slow