1. What are terraced dynamics?
- Only soft when another instrument is soloing
- Soft when texture is thin and loud when texture is thick
- Always loud dynamics
- Always loud dynamics, except when the harpsichord is playing
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following are uses of the harpsichord?
- Providing dissonance in the harmony
- Playing bass notes only
- Directing the ensemble, soloing and part of the basso continuo
- Only soloing
3. Describe the texture of this piece
- Fugal and contrapuntal with elements of monophonic and homophonic
- Contrapuntal, but with fugal moments
- Almost entirely homophonic, but with elements of contrapuntal and heterophonic
- Entirely fugal
4. What is figured bass?
- A harpsichord playing a bass line and filling out improvised melodies
- A bassist who really knows what they're doing
- A bass line written with numbers which signal the chords to accompany the bass
- An upright bass played with a bow
5. How is the concerto grosso split?
- Two movements: Fast - slow
- Three movements: Fast - slow - fast
- Four movements: Fast - slow - uplifting - fast
- Five movements: Fast - slow - violin solo - slow - fast