1. Mitos and Browne argued that..?
- A decline in male employment oppertunities has lead to an identity crisis for men
- An increase in traditional male job oppertunities has increased boys' self esteem and motivation
- The workplace has become more feminised and there for boys' are experiencing a crisis of masculinity
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Francis argued that..?
- Most pupils thought that female teachers treated boys more harshly
- Two-thirds of 7-8 year olds believed that teacher gender didn't matter
- 64% of primary school students said they would rather be taught by a male teacher
3. How have boys' leisure pursuits influenced achievement?
- Activities such as football and playing computer games have done little to develop language skills
- Reading and creative tasks are typical activities of boys, and have therefore developed language skills
- Football and computer games have helped to aid boys' visual learning, increasing achievement
4. The gender gap is a result of...
- Girls are more acedemically gifted as a result of biology
- Boys' literacy and language skills (parents spend less time reading to their sons)
- Boys' tendency to turn to alcohol at a younger age
5. Epstein argued that working class boys are more likely to be harrassed if they appear to be swots