1. Mitos and Browne argued that..?
- The workplace has become more feminised and there for boys' are experiencing a crisis of masculinity
- A decline in male employment oppertunities has lead to an identity crisis for men
- An increase in traditional male job oppertunities has increased boys' self esteem and motivation
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Francis claimed that..?
- Boys are more likely to be labelled as swots, so naturally try to avoid this by horsing around in class
- Boys were more concerned than girls about being labelled by peers as swots because it was more of a threat to their masculinity
- Boys are more worried about being labelled as 'yobs' than girls, and so focus attention on school-work
3. What has a shortage of male primary teachers led to?
- A lack of a strong postive male rolemodels both at school and at home
- A feminised education system
- Girls being favourited by other female teachers
4. Who claimed that laddish culture was becoming increasingly more widespread and why?
- Francis - because females are getting careers and males respond by over-exaggerating thier masculinity
- Cohen - because of a lack of male role models both in the family and at school
- Baker - because the education is becoming over-feminised and boys respond by playing up to their masculinity
5. How have boys' leisure pursuits influenced achievement?
- Activities such as football and playing computer games have done little to develop language skills
- Reading and creative tasks are typical activities of boys, and have therefore developed language skills
- Football and computer games have helped to aid boys' visual learning, increasing achievement