1. What has a shortage of male primary teachers led to?
- A lack of a strong postive male rolemodels both at school and at home
- A feminised education system
- Girls being favourited by other female teachers
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The gender gap is a result of...
- Boys' literacy and language skills (parents spend less time reading to their sons)
- Boys' tendency to turn to alcohol at a younger age
- Girls are more acedemically gifted as a result of biology
3. A criticism of Mitos and Browne is..?
- Anti-school male subcultures still exist, affecting achievement
- There was not a decline in skilled jobs which require qualifications, thus there should be no effect on boys' motivations
- As education has also become feminised, boys' should be used to working in this environment
4. Francis argued that..?
- Two-thirds of 7-8 year olds believed that teacher gender didn't matter
- 64% of primary school students said they would rather be taught by a male teacher
- Most pupils thought that female teachers treated boys more harshly
5. Who claimed that laddish culture was becoming increasingly more widespread and why?
- Francis - because females are getting careers and males respond by over-exaggerating thier masculinity
- Cohen - because of a lack of male role models both in the family and at school
- Baker - because the education is becoming over-feminised and boys respond by playing up to their masculinity