1. Evidence for the temperament hypothesis is...
- from Thomas and Chess who found 3 temperament types: easy, difficult and slow to warm up.
- from Hodges and Tizard's research which supports the idea of a sensitive period.
- from Harlow's study which helps support the idea of secondary attachments and caregiver sensitivity
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. A criticism of Harlow's study as supporting research is...
- it used animals and thus cannot be generalized onto humans
- it was a natural experiment using animals
- it used animals and therefore is bias
- it used animals and therefore provides no evidence
3. Children brought up with no secondary attachment figures can...
- lack social releasers
- learn well
- lack social skills
- lack sensitivity
4. Bowlby's theory is an example of an...
- evolving theory
- evolutionary theory
- behavioural theory
- learning theory
5. Bowlby's theory can be criticised by...
- Rutter's study into mutiple attachments which showed all attachment figures were of equal importance.
- Hodges and Tizard's research which supports the idea of a sensitive period.