1. Bacterial mRNA is often polycistronic, meaning?
- Have a 5' cap
- Several proteins can be encoded from the same mRNA
- mRNA only have one ribosome binding site
- Only one protein can be encoded from a piece of mRNA
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is false about DNA and base paring?
- Hydrogen bonds join base pairs together
- DNA is planar
- the sugar phosphate backbone is on the outside
- A bp is made of a purine and a pyrimidine
3. How does rifamycin work?
- blocks initiation of RNA chains by binding to RNA polymerase
- Prevents the transition from translation initiation to elongation
- Blocks binding of aminoacyl-tRNA to the A-site
- Binds in the exit channel of the ribosome to RNA polymerase
4. UTRs are?
- Retained in mRNA and translated
- Retained in mRNA but untranslated
- Lost in mRNA and untranslated
- Form part of the intron and removed during splicing
5. DNA is made of which substrates?
- Phosphate, pentose sugar and organic bases
- Phosphate, ribose sugar and purine bases
- Sulphate, pentose sugar and organic bases
- Phosphate, hexose sugar and organic bases