1. What are the benefits of pre-mRNA splicing?
- A, B and C
- C. Is a very energy efficient process
- A. favours emergence of new proteins over an evolutionary time scale
- A and B
- B. allows many different protiens to be expressed from the same gene
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what are cajal bodies?
- Membrane bound regions that are involved in RNA processing
- Membrane bond regions where DNA replication and processing occurs
- Non-membrane bound nuclear substructures that act in RNP biogenesis and the modification of snRNA and snoRNA
- Non-membrane bound nuclear substructures that act as a ribosome factory
3. What is a protein domain?
- An independently folded region with characteristic properties
- Only found in mulitmeric proteins
- Different proteins found within a super/macro molecular machine
- Different 2' structures found within a protein
4. Which enzyme cleaves polysaccharide chains in bacterial cell walls in hydrolysis reactions?
5. Which of these is not a RNA secondary structure
- Stem loop
- Hair pin
Similar Biology resources: