1. Which of these is false about DNA and base paring?
- the sugar phosphate backbone is on the outside
- Hydrogen bonds join base pairs together
- DNA is planar
- A bp is made of a purine and a pyrimidine
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which Bases are NOT pyrimidines?
- Cytosine and Guanine
- Adenine and Guanine
- Adenine and Thymine
- Uracil and Thymine
3. What is the role of topoisomerase during DNA replication?
- Prevents rewinding of DNA after seperation
- Holds DNA polymerase in place to stop it falling of DNA
- Relieves twists in DNA ahead to prevent super coiling, by creating a nick ahead of the replication fork
- Unwinds DNA strands to allow access by other replication machinery
4. What is the role of tRNA?
- Regulated gene expression through RNA interference.
- Decodes mRNA for protein synthesis, bringing the correct amino acid to the end of the protein
- Component of ribosomes, catalyzing protein synthesis
- Codes for proteins
5. How does rifamycin work?
- Prevents the transition from translation initiation to elongation
- Blocks binding of aminoacyl-tRNA to the A-site
- blocks initiation of RNA chains by binding to RNA polymerase
- Binds in the exit channel of the ribosome to RNA polymerase
Similar Biology resources: