1. The isoelectric point for glycine is approx pH 6. What is the predominant charge on glycine at pH 2?
- no effect of pH on charge
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Desmosine is an AA...
- formed of four hydroxylysine residues
- formed of four lysine residues
- formed of four glycine residues
- formed of four hydroxyproline residues
- formed of four hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine residues
3. Which component of the general structure of AA is acidic?
- always hydroxylated to hydroxyproline
- Commonly found in beta turns
- is an uncommon AA
- never found in collagen
- commonly found in alpha helices
5. The AA with aromatic R groups are characterised by:
- an aromatic ring structure which gives these AA their characteristic UV spectra
- an aromatic ring structures
- a strong flagrance, as referred to by aromatic
- a high carbon content