1. Which of the following cell types synapse with the primary gustatory axons?
- Type II
- Type III
- Type I
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is false about oldfaction?
- humans have 170cm2 of oldfactory epithelium covered in receptors
- cells are depolarised when receptors activated
- each odorant binds to a specific G protein coupled receptor
- activation of the G protien opens a cation channel
3. photoreceptors become _ when activated?
4. Which is false about hair cells?
- embedded between the basilar and tectorial membranes
- found in the middle ear
- open ion channels when vibrations occur to depolarise the membrane
- are mechanoreceptors
5. Which of these applies to gustation only?
- requires voluntary action
- is involuntary
- odorants must have high vapour pressure
- every type of stimulant has its own specific receptor type