1. What is the prosthetic group associated with the protein in dark-adapted rhodopsin
- retinoic acid
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. the ligand for detecting salty foods is?
3. Type I receptor cells:
- form a thin lamellae over the other cells
- form a basement membrane
- are receptors for sweet
- form synapses
4. Which of these is false about oldfaction?
- activation of the G protien opens a cation channel
- humans have 170cm2 of oldfactory epithelium covered in receptors
- each odorant binds to a specific G protein coupled receptor
- cells are depolarised when receptors activated
5. during accommodation relaxed ciliary muscles = ?
- the lens flattens
- the lens rounds
- the zonulas slacken