1. the dorsal respiratory group...
- is responsible for fine tuning expiration
- controls the contraction of the diaphragm and external intercostals
- controls the contraction of the accessory muscles of ventilation
- is responsible for fine tuning inspiration
- controls forces exhalation
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. place the following structures in order in which air passes through them:
- 1' bronchi, 2' bronchi, bronchioles, terminal bronchioles, alveoli
- alveoli, bronchioles, 1', 2', terminal
- terminal, 1', 2' alveoli, bronchioles
- bronchioles, 1' bronchi, 2' bronchi, alveoli, terminal bronchi
3. the partial pressure of oxygen in the cells of peripheral tisses is approx.
4. in quiet breathing....
- none of the above
- inspiration involves muscular contractions and expiration is passive
- inspiration and expiration involve muscular contractions
- inspiration is passive and expiration involves muscular contraction
- inspiration and expiration are both passive processess
5. the lungs are enclosed in______ membranes: