1. the dorsal respiratory group...
- is responsible for fine tuning expiration
- controls forces exhalation
- controls the contraction of the accessory muscles of ventilation
- controls the contraction of the diaphragm and external intercostals
- is responsible for fine tuning inspiration
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. an increase in the level of co2 in the blood will....
- stimulate the ventral respiratory group
- decrease the firing of central chemoreceptors
- increase o2 diffusion at the lungs
- increase pulmonary ventilation
- decrease gaseous exchange at the lungs
3. the partial pressure of oxygen in the cells of peripheral tisses is approx.
4. in quiet breathing....
- inspiration and expiration are both passive processess
- inspiration and expiration involve muscular contractions
- none of the above
- inspiration involves muscular contractions and expiration is passive
- inspiration is passive and expiration involves muscular contraction
5. most of the co2 in the blood is transported as:
- bicarbonate ions in the cytoplasm of RBC
- carbonic acid
- as bicabonate ions in the plasma
- solute dissolved in the plasma