1. which of the following values is closest to the resting membrane potential?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. which statement concerning the role of Ca2+ in the contraction of skeletal muscle is correct?
- Ca2+ ions do not play a role in the contractile process
- a rise in intracellular Ca2+ allows actin to interact with myosin
- the mitochondria acts as a store of Ca2+ for the contractile process
- Ca2+ entry across the plasma membrane is important in sustaining the contraction of skeletal muscle
- the tension of skeletal muscle fibres is partly regulated by G proteins
3. which statement concerning the AP is correct?
- it may vary considerably in amplitude
- it can generate in the absence of sodium ions
- it can summate one with another
- it results from a larger increase in the membrane permeability to sodium ions
- it becomes larger as the stimulus strength increases
4. which of the following concerning NMJ is correct?
- the motor nerve endings express muscarinic receptors
- the motor nerve endings secrete noradrenaline
- the motor nerve endings secrete acetylcholine
- the motor nerve endings secrete adrenaline
- the muscle membrane possesses muscarinic receptors
5. which statement about the CNS is correct?
- it contains the dorsal root ganglia
- it contains 31 pairs of spinal nerves
- the white matter contains nerve cell bodies
- the grey matter contains nerve cell bodies
- it contains twelve pairs of cranial nerves
Similar Biology resources: