1. which of the following values is closest to the resting membrane potential?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. which of the following does not contribute significantly to the protection of the brain?
- dura mater
- cerebrospinal fluid
- cerebral space
- subarachnoid space
3. regarding sensory receptor properties:
- the first step in sensory transduction is the generation of an AP
- the frequency of a train of AP in an afferent fibre reflects the intensity of the stimulus given to its receptor
- the amplitude of a train of action potential in an afferent reflects the intensity of the stimulus given to its receptor
- a touch receptor will generate a constant rate of discharge for as long as the receptor is stimulated
- all receptors respond to a specific quality of a stimulus
4. which of the following is an important functional parameter of pain receptors?
- can be inhibited voluntarily
- exhibit little or no adaption
- give rise to signals that convey the location of a joint
- signal only flexion reflex at joint capsules
- are not affected by muscle tension
5. which statement about homeostasis is true?
- the integration centre is the effector
- most physiological variables are regulated by positive feedback
- plasma glucose conc is controlled via positive feedback
- delivery of a baby is the end results of a positive feeback mechanism
- effectors detect changes in physiological variables
Similar Biology resources: