1. regarding the sympathetic division of the ANS:
- Ach is secreted by parasympathetic postganglionic fibres
- the sympathetic chain extends from the thoracic to the sacral regions of the spinal cord
- most sympathetic preganglionic fibres secrete noradrenaline
- sympathetic postganglionic neurones are found in spinal segments from T1 to L2
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. when an AP arrives at a synapse, which way do calcium ions move?
- out of the postsynaptic terminal into the cleft
- no movement across the cell membrane
- into the presynaptic terminal
- into the postsynaptic terminal
- out of the presynaptic terminal into the cleft
3. which of the following is an important functional parameter of pain receptors?
- give rise to signals that convey the location of a joint
- can be inhibited voluntarily
- exhibit little or no adaption
- signal only flexion reflex at joint capsules
- are not affected by muscle tension
4. which of the following statement concerning the velocity of AP propagation is correct?
- unaffected if the axon becomes demyelinated
- fast in myelinated axons
- slower in myelinated axons
- independent of axon diameter
- faster in unmyelinated axons
5. which statement concerning the AP is correct?
- it may vary considerably in amplitude
- it becomes larger as the stimulus strength increases
- it results from a larger increase in the membrane permeability to sodium ions
- it can summate one with another
- it can generate in the absence of sodium ions
Similar Biology resources: