1. A homodimeric nuclear receptor binds to...?
- Zinc finger motif
- Inverted repeats
- Helix turn helix motif
- Direct repeats
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. An enhancer is...?
- Always distant from the gene
- Always next to the promoter
- Position and orientation dependent
- Position and orientation independent
- Always in an intron
3. Which of the following characteristics apply to a eukaryotic chromosome?
- Visible during interphase
- Single linear DNA molecules
- Multiple DNA molecules
- Circular DNA molecule
- Not visible during metaphase
4. What does heterodimeric nuclear receptors do at/to its target genes in the absence of ligand?
- Promotes gene activation
- Promotes histone acetylation
- Promotes nuclear translocation
- Promotes histone deacetylation
- Promotes cytoplasmic translocation
5. A homodimeric nuclear receptor...?
- Remains in the cytoplasm
- Doesnt require ligand binding for activity
- Translocates into the nucleus on ligand binding
- Is exclusively in the nucleus
- Binds to RNA polymerase