1. True or false: Increased SNS firing would increase total peripheral resistance?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. True or false: in hypertensive patients, reducing salt intake by 6g/day would reduce blood pressure by 7mmHg?
3. True or false: Blood pressure is an example of a continuous variable?
4. A genetic lack of glutathione-s-transferase could cause primary hypertension. What is the role of glutathione-s-transferase?
- It transfers an amine group onto glucose to form glycogen for storage purposes
- It's a powerful reducing agent and is used to 'mop up' free radicals in the body
- It reduces glutathione to glucose in order to maintain blood glucose levels
- It oxidises vitamin C to form antioxidase, an enzyme that has antioxidant properties
5. Which of the following most accurately describes A fibres?
- Large diameter, fast conducting (myelinated) & respond at low threshold
- Large diameter, fast conducting (unmyelinated) & respond at low threshold
- Large diameter, fast conducting (myelinated) & respond at high threshold
- Small diameter, fast conducting (myelinated) & respond at low threshold
Similar Medicine resources: