1. What is pulse pressure?
- The difference between systolic BP and diastolic BP (~40mmHg)
- (Diastolic BP + Systolic BP) / 2
- Arterial systolic blood pressure minus resistance encountered at pulse points (~100mmHg)
- The blood pressure if measured at pulse points (~130/90mmHg)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where are bodily baroreceptors located?
- Femoral artery & pulmonary sinus
- Purkinje fibres & jugular node
- Aortic arch & carotid sinus
- Sinoatrial node & atrioventricular node
3. True or false: firing of A and C fibres will increase parasympathetic NS stimulation?
4. True or false: Hypertension is primarily a disease of peripheral resistance?
5. Which of the following most accurately describes A fibres?
- Large diameter, fast conducting (myelinated) & respond at high threshold
- Large diameter, fast conducting (myelinated) & respond at low threshold
- Large diameter, fast conducting (unmyelinated) & respond at low threshold
- Small diameter, fast conducting (myelinated) & respond at low threshold