- Created by: Emmeline Macdonald
- Created on: 25-11-18 16:19
1. what do the atria do?
- receive blood from veins
- pump blood out into arteries
- open and close to prevent backflow
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. what do veins do?
- take blood from organs to heart
- take blood from heart to lungs
- allow substances to pass out of blood
3. what is blood made out of?
- red blood
- plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets
- just red blood cells
4. what are arteries made from?
- thin walls with valves
- thick walls of muscle and elastic fibres
- narrow thin walls
5. what is and artificial pacemaker?
- take the blood to the organs from the organs
- electrical device used to correct irregularities in the heart rate
- a group of cells in right atrium which act as a pacemaker