1. What happens during the lag phase of a population in a closed culture?
- bacteria have stopped reproducing due to lack of enzymes
- bacteria adjust to their new conditions and start to produce new enzymes.
- bacterial cells start to die
- bacterial cells grow and divide at their maximum rate
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The production of golden rice is an example of.....
- gene therapy
- genetic engineering
- selective breeding
3. What will cut a section of DNA?
- reverse transcriptase
- DNA ligase
- restriction enzyme
4. Gene therapy can be used to treat cystic fibrosis. Which of these statements is not true?
- Cystic fibrosis is caused by a recessive allele
- Parents who are both heterozygous for cystic fibrosis cannot have a child with the disease.
- Cystic fibrosis is a diseaese where abnormally thick mucus is produced in the lungs
- Gene therapy involves inserting the dominant gene into the cells of the lungs
5. Multiple copies of a required piece of DNA can be produced using.....
- DNA probes
- replica plating