1. Which of these is not a microorganism?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which term best describes how penicillin is produced?
- fed batch culture
- batch culture
- continuous culture
3. Name a secondary metabolite that can be produced using a fementer.
4. Multiple copies of a required piece of DNA can be produced using.....
- DNA probes
- replica plating
5. Gene therapy can be used to treat cystic fibrosis. Which of these statements is not true?
- Cystic fibrosis is caused by a recessive allele
- Gene therapy involves inserting the dominant gene into the cells of the lungs
- Parents who are both heterozygous for cystic fibrosis cannot have a child with the disease.
- Cystic fibrosis is a diseaese where abnormally thick mucus is produced in the lungs