1. Why are cancer cells resistant?
- Engulfs the drug
- Break down the drug trying to destroy it
- Can pump the drug out as quickly as it comes in
- Can't pump the drug out as quickly as it comes in
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is sequestration?
- Agent rendered harmless
- Process in which a chemical is built up for use
- The process of turning an active agent into a form that is non-bio available
- Organism moves away from the source of pollution
3. What is metabolic activation?
- Production of a ligand mimic
- A chemical that was toxic turned into something less damaging
- Whereby an organisms mistakenly turns a fairly innocuous compound into something much more toxic
- Process of releasing energy from food
4. Which is not the two types of biomarker?
- Measuring the amount of transcription within a cell
- Measuring the induction of stress response systems
- Measuring the inhibition of luxury functions
5. What creatures are particularly vulnerable to ingesting pollution?