1. What are trace fossils?
- Fossils made by an organism being pressed into soft sediment, leaving an imprint in the rock
- Fossils made by the bones of an organism being replaced by minerals
- Fossils made by an organism's footprint, burrow or root shapes
- Fossils made by an organism being unable to decay due to conditions in the ground eg. acidity
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Do animal cells have a cell wall?
- It depends what type of animal cell the cell is
3. Sometimes conditions change so quickly that many species die out at the same time. This is known as...
- Mass extinction
4. Polydactyly is caused by dominant alleles.
5. Where is the nucleus - which contains DNA - located in a bacterial cell?
- One is in the cell wall, the other is in the cell membrane
- A bacterial cell has no nucleus; the DNA is in the cytoplasm
- In the cell wall
- In the cell membrane
- In the cytoplasm