1. What is the function of epithelial tissue in the body?
- To cover parts of the body
- To bring about movement by contracting
- To produce substances such as enzymes and hormones
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does amylase breakdown?
- Lipids into fatty acids and glycerol
- Nothing - it's made up
- Starch into glucose
- Proteins into amino acids
3. How does surface area affect diffusion?
- The greater the surface area the faster diffusion occurs
- The greater the surface are the slower diffusion occurs
- Surface area does not affect diffusion
4. What is the correct equation for photosynthesis?
- 6CO2 + 6H2O ------> C6H12O6 + 6O2
- 12CO2 + 12H2O ------> 2C6H12O6 + 12O2
- CO2 + H2O ------> C6H12O6 + O2
- 2CO2 + 2H2O ------> C6H12O6 + 2O2
5. A plant can convert glucose into cellulose. What does the plant use cellulose for?
- To make proteins which allow the plant to grow
- To strengthen the cell wall
- To evolve so it can survive
- To grow fruits and flowers