1. How is the root hair cell adapted to fullfil it's function of absorbing minerals?
- It has a smaller volume
- It has a larger surface area
- It has a larger volume
- It has a small surface area
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does surface area affect diffusion?
- The greater the surface area the faster diffusion occurs
- The greater the surface are the slower diffusion occurs
- Surface area does not affect diffusion
3. What happens if the temperature is too high in photosynthesis?
- The rate of photosynthesis decreases
- The rate of photosynthesis increases
4. What is a yeast cell bud in a yeast cell?
- It holds the nucleus; so the nucleus does not react with the acid in the cytoplasm it is stored in a separate area
- It is a genetic copy of the original cell, which separates to form another yeast cell
- It is this cell's version of a vacuole
- This is just a made up feature
5. Give one disadvantage of using stem cells.
- Removes pressure from NHS trying to cure people
- Diseases could be less common, or ever no longer exist
- Could lead to cloning humans
- They can transform into any cell in the body