Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What genetic diseases most often result in males being affected while women can be carriers?
- Sex linked genes (to the Y chromosome)
- Sex linked genes (to the X chromosome)
- Recessive genes
- Dominant genes
7. How many molecules of ATP are formed in the Krebs cycle?
8. Intraspecific competition is...
- between the same species
- between different species
9. Which of these in an effect of using nitrogen-containing fertilisers?
- All 3
- reduced species diversity
10. Where does the light dependent stage take place?
11. What does acetate combine with in the link reaction?
- Coenzyme C
- Coenzyme X
- Coenzyme A
- Coenzyme B
12. Where does the electron transport chain take place?
13. What is the end product of glycolysis?
- triose phosphate
- phosphorylated glucose
14. How many ATP molecules are produced at the end of glycolysis?
15. What does directional selection do?
- Change the characteristics of a population
- Preserve the characteristics of a population
16. Describes how an organism fits into its environment and its role.
- Ecological niche
17. What organism helps the process of nitrogen in the atmosphere become ammonia?
- Nitrogen fixing bacteria
- Denitrifying bacteria
- Nitrifying bacteria