Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What must happen during speciation for the gene pools to become different?
- The environment must change.
- A mutation must occur.
- A mutation must be selected for by the environment.
- Reproductive isolation.
7. Which of these in an effect of using nitrogen-containing fertilisers?
- All 3
- reduced species diversity
8. Describes how an organism fits into its environment and its role.
- Ecological niche
9. What is the end product of glycolysis?
- triose phosphate
- phosphorylated glucose
10. Where does the electron transport chain take place?
11. What genetic diseases most often result in males being affected while women can be carriers?
- Sex linked genes (to the Y chromosome)
- Dominant genes
- Sex linked genes (to the X chromosome)
- Recessive genes
12. What does directional selection do?
- Change the characteristics of a population
- Preserve the characteristics of a population
13. How many molecules of ATP are formed in the Krebs cycle?
14. Intraspecific competition is...
- between the same species
- between different species
15. Where does the link reaction take place?
16. How many ATP molecules are produced at the end of glycolysis?
17. What organism helps the process of nitrogen in the atmosphere become ammonia?
- Nitrogen fixing bacteria
- Nitrifying bacteria
- Denitrifying bacteria