Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Where does the electron transport chain take place?
7. What does directional selection do?
- Change the characteristics of a population
- Preserve the characteristics of a population
8. What organism helps the process of nitrogen in the atmosphere become ammonia?
- Denitrifying bacteria
- Nitrogen fixing bacteria
- Nitrifying bacteria
9. Where does the light dependent stage take place?
10. What is the end product of glycolysis?
- phosphorylated glucose
- triose phosphate
11. Describes how an organism fits into its environment and its role.
- Ecological niche
12. What must happen during speciation for the gene pools to become different?
- The environment must change.
- A mutation must occur.
- A mutation must be selected for by the environment.
- Reproductive isolation.
13. How many ATP molecules are produced at the end of glycolysis?
14. What does acetate combine with in the link reaction?
- Coenzyme C
- Coenzyme A
- Coenzyme B
- Coenzyme X
15. Which of these in an effect of using nitrogen-containing fertilisers?
- All 3
- reduced species diversity
16. Which of these is a feature of intensive rearing?
- All of these
- Warm environment
- Restricted movement
- High protein food
17. Intraspecific competition is...
- between the same species
- between different species