Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Describes how an organism fits into its environment and its role.
- Ecological niche
7. How many ATP molecules are produced at the end of glycolysis?
8. Acetyl CoA combines with what molecule to form a 6C molecule?
9. How many times must the calvin cycle take place to produce one molecules of glucose?
10. What must happen during speciation for the gene pools to become different?
- A mutation must be selected for by the environment.
- The environment must change.
- A mutation must occur.
- Reproductive isolation.
11. Intraspecific competition is...
- between the same species
- between different species
12. Which of these in an effect of using nitrogen-containing fertilisers?
- All 3
- reduced species diversity
13. Which of these is a feature of intensive rearing?
- High protein food
- Warm environment
- All of these
- Restricted movement
14. How many molecules of ATP are formed in the Krebs cycle?
15. Where does the electron transport chain take place?
16. What genetic diseases most often result in males being affected while women can be carriers?
- Sex linked genes (to the X chromosome)
- Sex linked genes (to the Y chromosome)
- Dominant genes
- Recessive genes
17. What does acetate combine with in the link reaction?
- Coenzyme X
- Coenzyme B
- Coenzyme A
- Coenzyme C