1. What is the name given to the first species to colonise an inhospitable environment?
- Pioneer species
- Climax community
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The type of ATP synthesis that takes place in cells when phosphate groups are transferred from donor molecules to ADP to make ATP is called ______?
- Substrate-level phosphorylation
- Oxidative phosphorylation
3. Name one advantage of using a chemical pesticide?
- Kills pests quickly
- Must be reapplied
- Pests can develop resistance
4. What does an inorganic fertiliser consist of?
- Minerals mined from rocks and deposits and blended to give the appropriate balance for a particular crop
- Dead/decaying remains of plants and animal waste, e.g manure and bone meal
5. What is meant by the term 'genotype'?
- The genetic constitution of an organism
- The observable characteristics of an organism