1. What is meant by the 'competitive exclusion principle'?
- No two species can occupy the same niche indefinitely when resources are limiting
- Prey population will increase as predator population decreases
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the name given to each stage in a food chain?
- Trophic level
3. This type of competition occurs when individuals of the same species compete for resources
4. The type of ATP synthesis that takes place during photosynthesis in chlorophyll-containing plant cells is called _____?
- Oxidative phosphorylation
- Substrate-level phosphorylation
5. Why is ATP sometimes referred to as the 'immediate energy source' of the cell?
- The instability of the phosphate bonds means that it is broken down very quickly and easily
- A lot of it is stored in the cell at any one time
- The energy released is used up very quickly
Similar Biology resources: