1. Which type of reaction breaks down ATP?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the term 'decomposers'?
- A group of organisms that break down dead producers and consumers into simple components, releasing valuable minerals and elements in a form that can be absorbed plants
- Organisms that obtain their energy by feeding on other organisms rather than using the energy of sunlight directly
- Tertiary consumers
3. Which 4 abiotic factors affect population size?
- Temperature, light, pH and water/humidity
- Wind, rain, sun and air
- Predation and prey
4. What does an inorganic fertiliser consist of?
- Minerals mined from rocks and deposits and blended to give the appropriate balance for a particular crop
- Dead/decaying remains of plants and animal waste, e.g manure and bone meal
5. Briefly describe what happens during Krebs cycle?
- Glucose molecule is split into 2 3-carbon pyruvate molecules
- Electrons are used to synthesise ATP, producing water as a by-product
- Acetylco-A is introduced into a cycle of oxidation-reduction reactions that yield some ATP and a large number of electrons
- Pyruvate is split into CO2 and a 2-carbon molecule called acetylco-A
Similar Biology resources: