1. The type of ATP synthesis that takes place in cells when phosphate groups are transferred from donor molecules to ADP to make ATP is called ______?
- Substrate-level phosphorylation
- Oxidative phosphorylation
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is ATP sometimes referred to as the 'immediate energy source' of the cell?
- The energy released is used up very quickly
- The instability of the phosphate bonds means that it is broken down very quickly and easily
- A lot of it is stored in the cell at any one time
3. These periodic popuation decreases create what is known as __________?
- Selection pressure
- Root pressure
- Negative pressure
4. Which of the following processes is energy required for?
- Metabolism, movement and active transport
5. Name one problem with using pyramids of biomass?
- Only shows organisms present at a particular time - seasonal differences are not shown
- No account taken of size - one giant tree is the same size as one greenfly on the pyramid
Similar Biology resources: