1. Define Antigen.
- Protein on the surface of a foreign cell, which causes an immune response
- A cell that remains in the blood allowing a faster, more rapid resonse next time
- White blood cell with a large nucleus responsible for the immune response
- Disease causing microorganism
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these statements about phosphlipids is true?
- The head is hydrophilic & the tail is hydrophobic
- Both the head and the tail are hydrophilic
- The tail is hydrophilic & the head is hydrophobic
- Both the head and tail are hydrophobic
3. Which of these is not a function of lipids?
- To absorb water into the cell
- Form plasma membranes
4. Which 2 monosaccharides are made when sucrase breaks down sucrose?
- Glucose & Fructose
- Glucose & Lactose
- Glucose & Glucose
- Glucose & Galactose
5. Which of these statements about osmosis is false?
- When water moves into a plant cell, it bursts
- When water moves out of a cell, it shrinks
- There is equal water potentials when the overall net movement is zero
- The kidneys help regulate water levels