1. Which of these is not a stage in causing cholera?
- Water moves out of the cell into the gut, causing diarrhoea
- The bacterium lays dormant in a tubercle for years
- The Cl- move from the cell into the gut, lowering the water potential
- The bacterium releases a toxin which open the Cl- channels
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these statements about the cardic cycle is false?
- Semi lunar valves are in the arteries
- Cardiac output = heart rate x stroke volume
- The pulmonary vein goes to the lungs
- The atria contract in atrial systole
3. How do you measure the size of a cell?
- Use a ruler
- Use a stage graticule to calibrate an eyepiece graticule
- Use an eyepiece graticule to calibrate a stage graticule
- Put a line piece of paper underneath the cell under a microscope
4. What difference is there the second ultracentrifugion?
- Spin it faster
- Increase Temperature
- Increase Concentration
- Decrease pH
5. Define Antigen.
- White blood cell with a large nucleus responsible for the immune response
- Disease causing microorganism
- Protein on the surface of a foreign cell, which causes an immune response
- A cell that remains in the blood allowing a faster, more rapid resonse next time