1. What is active transport?
- Active transport uses energy (ATP) to move molecules and ions through a carrier protein, against a concentration gradient.
- The passive net movement of particles down a concentration gradient.
- The passive movement of freely moving water molecules passing through a partially permeable membrane.
- The movement of larger molecules through the protein channel.
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a risk of CVD?
- Low blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- High blood pressure
3. What takes blood from the lungs back to the heart?
- Inferior vena cava
- Pulmonary vein
- Superior vena cava
4. Which one of these bonds are not used in protein structures?
- Weak hydrogen
- Hydrophobic and hydrophilic
5. What type of protein is an enzyme?
- Amino acid