1. What is the equation for the anaerobic respiration of yeast?
- glucose+oxygen->carbon monoxide+water
- glucose->lactic acid+water
- glucose->ethanol+carbon dioxide
- glucose+oxygen->carbon dioxide+water
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are lipids important?
- Long term energy store/ insulation/ protect organs
- Growth and repair of muscle tissues/ insulation
- Layer of fat/ short term energy store for respiration
- Creates retina in eye/ insulation/ layer of fat
3. What does vitamin A do?
- Makes chemical in eye retina which is light sensitive
- Makes rods and cones in eye
- Repairs muscle damage of eye (needed to be able to see after looking at sun)
- Creates retina of eye
4. How do fungi feed?
- Sapotrophic nutrition- secretion of digestive enzymes onto food
- They don't feed
- They contain chloroplasts- they simply photosynthesise
- Ingestion of other living or dead organisms
5. What is the purpose of photosynthesis?
- To release more energy by making carbon dioxide and water
- To produce more energy by making carbon dioxide and water
- To produce more energy by making glucose and oxygen
- To release more energy by making glucose and oxygen