1. Why are lipids important?
- Layer of fat/ short term energy store for respiration
- Creates retina in eye/ insulation/ layer of fat
- Long term energy store/ insulation/ protect organs
- Growth and repair of muscle tissues/ insulation
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the function of the xylem?
- Carries oxygen through the leaf
- Carries water and mineral ions through the leaf
- Carries products of photosynthesis through the leaf
- Carries colorants through the leaf
3. How do fungi feed?
- Sapotrophic nutrition- secretion of digestive enzymes onto food
- They contain chloroplasts- they simply photosynthesise
- Ingestion of other living or dead organisms
- They don't feed
4. What are the three polymers of glucose?
- Starch, amino acids, glycogen
- Glycogen, cellulose, amino acids
- Starch, glycogen, cellulose
- Starch, glycerol, fatty acids
5. What do proteins do?
- Heart function
- Energy through respiration
- Growth and repair
- Brain function