1. What is the function of the xylem?
- Carries water and mineral ions through the leaf
- Carries colorants through the leaf
- Carries products of photosynthesis through the leaf
- Carries oxygen through the leaf
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does vitamin A do?
- Creates retina of eye
- Makes rods and cones in eye
- Makes chemical in eye retina which is light sensitive
- Repairs muscle damage of eye (needed to be able to see after looking at sun)
3. What do potassium ions do?
- Part of chlorophyll molecule
- Used for enzymes of respiration and photosynthesis
- Make xylem and phloem
- Make amino acids, proteins, chlorophyll, and DNA
4. What is the equation for the anaerobic respiration of yeast?
- glucose->ethanol+carbon dioxide
- glucose+oxygen->carbon dioxide+water
- glucose+oxygen->carbon monoxide+water
- glucose->lactic acid+water
5. What do plants NOT use glucose for?