1. What do nitrate ions do?
- Part of chlorophyll molecule
- Make amino acids, proteins, chlorophyll, and DNA
- Growth and repair of plant
- Used for enzymes of respiration and photosynthesis
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the equation for the anaerobic respiration of yeast?
- glucose->ethanol+carbon dioxide
- glucose+oxygen->carbon dioxide+water
- glucose+oxygen->carbon monoxide+water
- glucose->lactic acid+water
3. What is the function of the xylem?
- Carries oxygen through the leaf
- Carries colorants through the leaf
- Carries water and mineral ions through the leaf
- Carries products of photosynthesis through the leaf
4. What does vitamin C do?
- Makes connective tissue, acting as glue and bonding cells together
- Makes destructive tissue which rips during muscle growth
- Makes retina in eye
- Allows cells to become turgid, giving each other support
5. What does vitamin A do?
- Makes chemical in eye retina which is light sensitive
- Makes rods and cones in eye
- Repairs muscle damage of eye (needed to be able to see after looking at sun)
- Creates retina of eye