1. What is the function of the lower epidermis?
- Main site of photosynthesis
- Controls activities of upper epidermis which increases the rate of photosynthesis
- Contains stomata, allowing CO2 to diffuse in, and O2 to diffuse out
- Main site of respiration
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do proteins do?
- Growth and repair
- Heart function
- Energy through respiration
- Brain function
3. How do fungi feed?
- Sapotrophic nutrition- secretion of digestive enzymes onto food
- They contain chloroplasts- they simply photosynthesise
- Ingestion of other living or dead organisms
- They don't feed
4. What is the function of the upper epidermis?
- Contains stomata, allowing O2 to diffuse into leaf and CO2 to diffuse out
- Protective layer of leaf and barrier to harmful micro-organisms
- Contains a few chloroplasts- relatively transparent
- Main sight of photosynthesis
5. What do plants NOT use glucose for?