1. What is Vitamin D needed for?
- To provide protein
- To help protect the skin against sunlight
- To maintain healthy bones and teeth.
- To prevent rickets and bone pain.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do antioxidants (a) and preservatives (b) do?
- (a) Stabilises mixtures containing oil and water (b) Improves the taste of foods
- (a) Stops the growth of microbes (such as bacteria or moulds in food), giving it a longer ‘shelf life’, (b) Stops chemical reactions in food that make it go stale
- (a) Stops chemical reactions in food that make it go stale, (b) Stops the growth of microbes (such as bacteria or moulds in food), giving it a longer ‘shelf life’
- (a) Removes impurities and toxins from food (b) Prevents Microbes from entering food
3. What does an iron deficiency cause?
4. What are the 6 food groups needed for a balanced diet?
- Carbohydrates, Protiens, Fats, Vitamins, Minerals, Fibres
- Fibres, Calcium, Iron, Vitamins, Protein, Carbohydrates
- Water, Fibres, Fruits, Vegetables, Dairy, Carbohydrates
- Carbohydrates, Fats, Water, Dairy, Protein, Minerals
5. Which component do cheese, butter and margarine have in common?