1. What is Vitamin C needed for?
- To help heal wounds and maintain healthy connective tissue (which gives support to other tissues and organs).
- To prevent scurvy
- To give a balanced diet
- To help clean the skin
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define Metabollic Rate
- How much energy is needed to fuel chemical reactions in your cells
- Ratio of food you eat to the exercise you do
- The rate at which chemical reactions take place in your cells.
- How many calories you have burnt
3. What do antioxidants (a) and preservatives (b) do?
- (a) Stops chemical reactions in food that make it go stale, (b) Stops the growth of microbes (such as bacteria or moulds in food), giving it a longer ‘shelf life’
- (a) Stabilises mixtures containing oil and water (b) Improves the taste of foods
- (a) Stops the growth of microbes (such as bacteria or moulds in food), giving it a longer ‘shelf life’, (b) Stops chemical reactions in food that make it go stale
- (a) Removes impurities and toxins from food (b) Prevents Microbes from entering food
4. Fibre is composed of...?
5. What are sedentary people
- Couch Potatoes
- People who are underweight and don't eat enough
- Taking little or no physical activity as part of everyday living.
- The most active people