1. What do you need to look out for when analysing data on slimming products?
- Tested fairly, with a big trial group.
- Celebrity A has lost X pounds using it
- Scientific studies. reputable journal, qualified person, large sample, other studies with similar result.
- A control group
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do antioxidants (a) and preservatives (b) do?
- (a) Stabilises mixtures containing oil and water (b) Improves the taste of foods
- (a) Stops chemical reactions in food that make it go stale, (b) Stops the growth of microbes (such as bacteria or moulds in food), giving it a longer ‘shelf life’
- (a) Removes impurities and toxins from food (b) Prevents Microbes from entering food
- (a) Stops the growth of microbes (such as bacteria or moulds in food), giving it a longer ‘shelf life’, (b) Stops chemical reactions in food that make it go stale
3. Why do men have a higher BMR than women?
- Because men do more exercise, and eat more food.
- Because they eat more
- Because they are bigger, and have a larger proportion of muscle
- Beacuse they have developed that way
4. What is Vitamin A needed for?
- Immunity from disease
- To prevent night blindness, which is when a person finds it difficult to see well in dim light.
- To maintain good vision, healthy skin and strong immunity against infection.
- To convert beta- carotene to Vitamin A
5. Which component do cheese, butter and margarine have in common?