1. Give some effects of inherited factors
- High Blood Pressure, Irregular Periods
- Undderactive thyroid gland, Affected Blood Cholestorol
- Anorexia, Resistance to infection
- Overactive thyroid gland, Arthritis
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In terms of specific nutrients, what might a vegetarian lack in their diet?
- They may lack essential amino acids
- They may lack protein
- They may lack a balanced diet
- They may lack meat
3. Iron is an example of (a) it is needed to produce (b)?
- mineral, blood
- mineral, haemoglobin
- fibre, blood
- fibre, haemoglobin
4. What do antioxidants (a) and preservatives (b) do?
- (a) Stabilises mixtures containing oil and water (b) Improves the taste of foods
- (a) Stops chemical reactions in food that make it go stale, (b) Stops the growth of microbes (such as bacteria or moulds in food), giving it a longer ‘shelf life’
- (a) Removes impurities and toxins from food (b) Prevents Microbes from entering food
- (a) Stops the growth of microbes (such as bacteria or moulds in food), giving it a longer ‘shelf life’, (b) Stops chemical reactions in food that make it go stale
5. What are the 6 food groups needed for a balanced diet?
- Fibres, Calcium, Iron, Vitamins, Protein, Carbohydrates
- Water, Fibres, Fruits, Vegetables, Dairy, Carbohydrates
- Carbohydrates, Protiens, Fats, Vitamins, Minerals, Fibres
- Carbohydrates, Fats, Water, Dairy, Protein, Minerals