1. Which of the following is not a way in which food is broken down in the mouth?
- Amylase secreted
- Protease secreted
- Saliva secreted
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. When the food has passed through the oesophagus where does it go next?
- Large intestine
- Small intestine
3. Why is hydrochloric acid secreted in the stomach?
- To break down larger molecules of food
- To provide the right environment for the enzymes
- To emulsify fats
- To kill harmful enzymes
4. How is food kept in the stomach?
- The liver
- Sphincter muscle
- A plug
5. What is stored in the gall bladder?
- Hydrochloric acid