1. Why does having an exoskeleton make it difficult for gas exchange?
- Due to their being no absorption through the exoskeleton
- As it has a waxy surface making it waterproof which makes it difficult
- Because there is no structure holding the gas exchange system together
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What feature of a fish protects the gills from damage?
- their eyes
- the operculum
- holes in the side of their head which work as ears
3. what directions do the water and blood flow in a fish
- in opposite directions
- blood moves to the left, water moves to the right
- blood moves to the right, water moves to the left
4. Bony fish have gill arches, where are these located?
- by either side of their head
- just below their fins
- on their abdomen
5. What is an adaptation insects have to prevent valuable water from escaping through the entrance holes?
- They have no adaptations as there is no water loss
- The holes can be opened and closed using tiny valves
- The holes are on the upper half of the body to prevent water tipping out
- The holes are very small to reduce water loss
Similar Biology resources: