1. How do larger insects take in more oxygen on top of this?
- squeezing their abdominal segments together, pumping air into the sacs
- by flying faster so air travels in quicker
- having a higher affinity of haemoglobin
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Air enters an insect through holes called
3. What is located on the bony gill arches of a fish?
- the operculum
- more, smaller gills
4. Bony fish have gill arches, where are these located?
- by either side of their head
- just below their fins
- on their abdomen
5. From there, where does the water go in a fish
- through the gills
- down the oesophagus
- out of the operculum
Similar Biology resources: