1. When you breathe out, your intercostal muscles relax and the ribs drop down and in.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Choose the advantage of positive pressure breathing:
- Patients don't have to be placed in an iron lung machine
- Easy to use
3. Lungs are found in the thorax and are protected by the ribcage?
4. Whats is the modern version of the 'iron lung' machine called?
- The shell
- The case
- The pod
5. When you breathe in, your intercostal muscles contract, pulling ribs upwards and outwards.