1. When you breathe in, your intercostal muscles contract, pulling ribs upwards and outwards.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. The lungs provide a ..... surface for gas exchange in the alveoli?
3. Whats is the modern version of the 'iron lung' machine called?
- The pod
- The shell
- The case
4. Polio is a paralysis disease where...
- people struggle to breathe
- the blood clots easily
5. Choose the advantage of positive pressure breathing:
- Easy to use
- Patients don't have to be placed in an iron lung machine