1. What controls the movement of the ribcage?
- Intercostal muscles
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What hormone is released from the pituitary gland when the hypothalamus detects a low water level in the blood?
3. Which of these is NOT an adaptation of red blood cells?
- Having the ability to change shape
- Having a large surface area
- Having no nucleus
4. What is the function of valves?
- To keep blood pressure content
- To stabilise blood sugar levels
- To prevent backflow of blood
- To prevent blood clots
5. What is the thermoregularatory centre in the brain?
- The ADH
- The hypothalamus
- The pituitary gland