1. Which of these is not a way exchange surfaces are adapted to maximise effectiveness?
- Lots of blood vessels nearby
- Lots of mitochondria
- Large surface area
- They are thin
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is transpiration?
- The process of water movement through a plant when it evaporates out the stomatas and is drawn from the roots
- The process of oxygen movement when it is drawn in through the stomata and released from the roots
- When plants get rid of excess water
- Plants wilting because they do not have enough water
3. Because water molecules move randomly, it is a ___ movement?
4. Root hairs use ___ to absorb water and minerals?
- Active transport
5. Which of these things doesnt happen when we breathe in?
- Thorax volume decreases
- Pressure decreases
- Thorax volume increases
- Intercostal muslces and diaphragm contract