1. what is an ester bond?
- a bond between an alcohol group and an acid group (formed by condensation reactions)
- a bond between carbon atoms which causes unsaturated fats
- a type of bond between two fatty acids (formed by hydrolysis)
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. if a fatty acid has many C=C double bonds, it is...
3. what does hydrophobic mean?
- a type of reaction between water molecules
- insoluble in water, water-hating
- soluble in water, water-loving
4. which is a function of a lipid?
- help water soak into the leaves
- energy reserve - it is even richer in carbon-hydrogen bonds than carbohydrates
- lysosomes - they help to synthesise lysosomes within cells
5. which part of a phospholipid is hydophilic?
- the negatively charged phosphate 'head'
- the negatively charged fatty acid tails
- it isnt, fatty acids are hydrophobic
Similar Biology resources: