1. what is an ester bond?
- a bond between an alcohol group and an acid group (formed by condensation reactions)
- a bond between carbon atoms which causes unsaturated fats
- a type of bond between two fatty acids (formed by hydrolysis)
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. if a fatty acid has no C=C double bonds, it is...
- single bonds
3. why are fatty acids hydrophobic?
- because they are polar
- because of their long hydrocarbon tails
- because of the amount of oxygen molecules in their tails
4. if a fatty acid has many C=C double bonds, it is...
5. what does hydrophobic mean?
- insoluble in water, water-hating
- soluble in water, water-loving
- a type of reaction between water molecules
Similar Biology resources: