1. Evolutionary explanations suggest depression is:
- A result of our rapidly changing EEA (Enviroment of evolutionary adaptation)
- An honest signal of need, seeking social support
- A display of attention-seeking behaviour
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many people suffer from depression worldwide?
- 120 million
- 220 million
- 80 million
- 140 million
3. For how long must symptoms persist for it to be classified as depression?
- 6 Months
- 4 Weeks
- 2 Weeks
- 1 Year
4. Why isn't the relationship between serotonin and depression straightforward?
- Lowering serotonin in individuals who had never had depression had not effect on mood
- Lowering serotonin in individuals who had never had depression increased mood
- In some cases high serotonin can cause depressive states
5. What is an issue with animal studies?
- We can't generalise them to humans
- It is unethical for the animals in all cases
- They provide evidence that we can't gain from humans