1. Evolutionary explanations suggest depression is:
- A result of our rapidly changing EEA (Enviroment of evolutionary adaptation)
- An honest signal of need, seeking social support
- A display of attention-seeking behaviour
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why isn't the relationship between serotonin and depression straightforward?
- Lowering serotonin in individuals who had never had depression had not effect on mood
- Lowering serotonin in individuals who had never had depression increased mood
- In some cases high serotonin can cause depressive states
3. What is an issue with animal studies?
- They provide evidence that we can't gain from humans
- We can't generalise them to humans
- It is unethical for the animals in all cases
4. When compared to a placebo SNRI's (serotonin-noradrenaline re-uptake inhibitors) were:
- more effective
- less effective
- not significantly different in outcome
5. How do insecticides increase the odds of developing depression?
- Disturb serotonin levels in the brain
- Alter noradrenaline levels in the brain
- They don't, they reduce the risk